“We love Harrah's Cherokee.”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Myrtle Beach
“We love Harrah's Cherokee.”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We just had another great time at Harrah's Cherokee the first week of November 2011. We did not plan a trip at this time so I suprised my wife with this trip. I called reservation at the last minute and once again they were so nice and accommodating and got us a room for a few days. We decided to stay an extra night and they made that happen also. The room we got was clean and nice as always and I can not say enough about the staff there. From the reservation clerk, check in clerk, valet attendant, bellman, housekeeping, food attendants, cashier, cocktail waiters and waitress and lobby cafe attendants, you get the point. We had one little issue with the bill at Lobby Cafe but they took care of it so fast it would make your head spin and did not treat us bad when we brought up the issue. They handled it with total professionalism so my hat off to them. Now we are not big spenders but we are not chump change spenders either and Harrah's has never treated us but with total respect and perfect customer service. Yes they are going through a big change compared to when they first opened but be honest all casinos go through this as they grow. Because it is gambling sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. We have won and lost at times thats why its called gambling. Heck if we all knew it was a sure thing we would all be rich right. If you look at it like we do everytime we go you are going to have a great time as we always have. We have been to alot of Harrah's properties as well as casino's owned by others but we have always had a wonderful time at Harrah's, all of them from Vegas, Cherokee, Tunica and so on. My wife prefers to stay only at Harrah's properties now just as I do. What we can tell you is be patient with Harrah's until the completion of the expansion and go with a great attitude and you also will have a blast and if you do run into a problem, just speak to the staff and I believe they will resolve the issue just as they did with us. I am a real and straight forward person and will always shoot the truth and if it were not for spammers I would gladley leave my contact info so I could tell you person to person just what im telling you here. Let me end by saying thank you Harrah's and Ceasars Entertainment for always giving us a great time and look forward to seeing you in February 2012 for our planned vacation at Harrah's Cherokee. James and Connie

Room Tip: We always stay in the Socco Towers and love it.
2 Thank yaejsaxe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,977)
  • Korean first
Asheville
Reviewed 6 December 2011

i have gambled at cherokee since it first opened. i live about 60 miles away in Asheville so it is about a 45 minute drive. i have never been so dissapointed in a casino in my life.i have gambled in Vegas and Biluxi and the games in cherokee are the worst i have ever seen. they have gotten prgressable worse every year. they will not even let you play for a while before they clean your clock. at least they used to let you play for a while before they took your money. but not any more. from now on i will stay away from cherokee and go back to biluxi, where they will at least let you play for a few minutes before they take your money. i would not reccomend cherokee to anyone, unless they want to check out the scenery,which is beautiful this is also the only casino i have ever been in that charges for alcohall.!! UNHURD OF!!. as far as the casino is concerned, dont waste your money. your play time will be short. go some where else. trust me, i know.!!!t

Room Tip: stay away from Harrahs cherokee.!!!!! they will rob you.!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Gerald M
tennessee
Reviewed 6 December 2011

there slots are very tight only one who seens to win are vips Iv been there 8 times and come out broke every time playing only slots.they mail u redeaem tickes to get u to come and u lose alot more than the tickets.. im from tennessee so if u want to win at slots dont go there or to indy live ... go to hollywood casino very goood luck there 9 times so far come out smileing... so try it ...........

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lew43
Sawmills North Carolna
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I have to hand it to the Cherokee band eastern division. They have made going to the mountains so enjoyable I love the new hotel casino Now Will you please lousen up the machines They are so tight they dont work
I watch a man and a woman playing a dollar machine and after each putting over 900 dollars in those two machines I seen each of them hit 16 or 17 dollars about every 10 roll and each one hit the minor progressive pot one time each for at total of 220. 48 and 208 74 respectively. I just put my money back in my pocket and didnt gamble anymore at all. I will not be going back unless its on a saturday night which seems to be when the machines pay some..... then its only for an hour or so.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Greenville
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Beautiful design. Nice and Clean. Beds are great. The only thing we didn't like were the rock hard pillows but we take our own pillows now. Otherwise Harrahs is perfect.

Jonesville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We've been going to cherokee for years now and all this renovation ... while it looks nice.. the amenities suck. They do not clean your room.. You are expected to reuse towels and glasses.. you get two tiny cups of coffee (no matter how many are in your party).. the only thing housekeeping does is make your bed. There were no microwaves in the room.. there was no complimentary breakfast and if you wanted internet it is 10.99 a day. Walking from the rooms to the casino is like hiking Mt. Everest... be prepared to walk to anything.. a LONG walk at that. And don't get me started on the new buffett... It was 25 bucks a head and the lasagne was burnt.. some of the food looked like it'd been there for the week.. it was a very sad alternative to the old Buffet where I actually looked forward to. The pie slices were tissue paper thin.. I kid you not and stuck to the plate. I will NEVER stay at that hotel again.. and we are finding us another casino... Greed... spoiled by it's own success..

Room Tip: Find another motel!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Mary K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed at Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel over Thanksgiving. We are in the hotel industry and understand what it takes to create a quality property. The partnership of the Eastern Band of Cherokee and Harrah's did a truly impressive job of developing a unique, Eastern Band experience with a professional staff to man it. The food was excellent and our room was well appointed and comfortable. We also thought the gaming floor was well designed and inviting.

Room Tip: The higher rooms offer a view.