“Not a gambler but loved it anyway.”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“Not a gambler but loved it anyway.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Most of my time spent at casino's leaves me bored and unamused, but at Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel I had plenty to look at and enjoy. The scenery is by far the best part about this Hotel and Casino. It you're bored inside you can go outside and stroll along the creek, sit by the pool or relax at any of the seating areas inside away from the casino excitement. I did all of that and I did gamble a little. The restaurants were wonderful and the food was amazing. We ate at Ruth Chris and Brio as well as Selu where we ate breakfast. The staff was very accommodating to our needs. We live in Cumming GA but the drive was a straight shot up there. I even had a massage which set off my stay in a very relaxing way.

We chose this location for a quick business retreat and had plenty of opportunities to think, talk and plan without a lot of distractions.

Room Tip: Go up to higher floors for more privacy and quiet.
Green Features: Very beautiful grounds and earth tones throughout.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Diane C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,144)
  • Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was a very comfortable one night stay. I checked in and out at the Kiosk which was computer friendly. The room was spacious with very clean linen, towels, and shower. Lighting was nice over the bed since I like to read before going to bed and there was a mini lounge area with sofa, coffee table and chair, and a mini bar with refrigerator. I reserved one night but would have stayed another night if there were rooms available.

Green Features: The Creek Tower rooms are energy efficient. They have a tent card that states the linen replacement policy and I enjoyed the lighting.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank rg712
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I were very much surprised to find such a nice hotel and casino "in the middle of no where". Indeed, we had not planned to stay here as we just wanted to check the place out on our way to Charlotte, North Carolina. In any event, we did stay in the hotel which was very well appointed for a Harrah's hotel. The rooms were large. The casino was as big as one will find in Vegas. If you like to stay in a nice hotel and gamble, then this place is a very good choice. They have a Ruth Chris Steakhouse on the property. They also book some top notch entertainment. Dolly Parton was putting on a show they night we stayed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank derbycityvisitor
Knoxville
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel is top notch with a very friendly staff and excellent amenities. The rooms are always exceptionally clean and comfortable. The suites in the original part of the hotel are the best ones. They are beautifully decorated and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank J. P
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We only had 3 days off to enjoy a quick trip into the mountains to Harrah's Cherokee Casino and hotel. They have really done a great job with this hotel\resort. Our room, in the Soco Tower was very comforable and spacious, wet bar, nice view of the mountains, king bed, and a large bath. One thing that was lacking was maid service - did not show up to our room until almost 5pm as we were getting ready for dinner so we declined service. Enjoyed our dinner at the Ruth's Chris Steak House on the Casino floor level - it was just as RC always is " wonderful"! We also dined at the Chef's buffet and have to say for all the ad's we saw for Chef Jay's great skills it was a lot to choose from but the food was bland and over cooked. Breakfast buffet was better at the cafe the next morning but we had been there when the same location was the Paula Deen restaurant and the food was more enjoyable back then. The new outdoor pool has just opened and it was great. Good menu,outside bar, has lots of table and chairs around the pool and our server that day - Brandi took great care of us. The outside pool is only about 4 feet deep but they do have the indoor pool with more depth. The grounds are beautiful with the creek running in all directions on the property. There are a lot of outdoor spots to sit and relax and enojy the views. The Casino is nice, the crowd is older but saw the younger crowd coming in later into the night. This is the 1st Casino I have been to that you still have to pay for cocktails even if you are gaming - drink prices start at $5 and go up from there. If you go become a total rewards member as we got 15% off our total stay with a coupon and you will get coupons in the mail for free buffets and slot play. If you are not into the casino life this is still a great place to stay for a mountain visit - the entrance to the Great Smoky Mt. National Park is just down the road and in a half hour over the mountain you can do a day trip into Gatlinburg. If you are like us and coming and going from Atlanta stop by the Tallulah Gorge State park in Georgia - A beatuiful place, $5 parking fee but well worth the stop.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy F
La Grange, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in an equally beautiful location!!! I have stayed here several times. Each time has been a great experience! Rooms are nicely appointed and clean. Staff is very friendly. Great restaurants to choose from and a few really nice shops!! Love this place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Harleesnana
Northbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I have visited three times in the past month because I was so pleasantly surprised by how beautiful and serene this resort is. The staff is friendly (although the front desk can be curt, which is odd because I'm always prepared and try to make check in quick and be extremely polite wherever I go.)

Room service is fantastic and worth eating in at least once when you want to have a late dinner or lazy morning. The new outdoor pool and grounds are beautiful, though I'm sure too many people come just to gamble and ignore the fantastic creek and landscaping that runs through the resort.

The gambling is tight, and I've tried every iteration to take advantage of my bankroll. It may earn Total Reward points, which can be valuable if you spend enough, but I don't think I'm going to walk away from any trip here richer than wen I came.

But with the true resort feeling of this hotel which is tucked perfectly in the mountains, it's a wonderful escape for a short or week long getaway.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo