“Almost excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensboro, Ga.
“Almost excellent”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I spent out 40th anniversary at Harrah's. The room was free and we got it for 2 nights ,,, Friday and Saturday with only a 2 day request. The room was great. The only thing we complained about was that they air conditioner never really cooled the room. We are use to sleeping in a almost cold home. 75 degrees is not cool to us. Other than that, it was fine. We had a view of the top of a building but we never really stayed in the room and looked out. Had a great time. Everyone one we met was friendly and helpful especially bell service and check in. Valet parking was quick and the people working were extremely nice. Oh and the room was very quiet. No slamming doors or t.v. from other rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room with a view if you insist on having one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christmas56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,253)
  • Korean first
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

have been going since it opened and the expansions not always a good thing. the rooms are just gorgeous but they did not test them first.. showers are uncomfortable but the beds are wonderful.. great amenities and casino is fun... most rooms have a nice view and the hotel is pretty to see as well...

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view
Green Features: excellent information...the provide lots of ways to participate or now.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sassycat119
Fayetteville, N.C.,USA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Located in beautiful setting in smokey mountain on banks of rambling stream! This is our favorite resort casino! Not only is it a beautiful resort but it is a relaxing experience. The views from any window in the hotel are beautiful. Clouds on the mountains in the morning are the smokey mountains. Rooms are best of any hotel! Service I'd always great. Always make new friends in casino! Love this place!

Room Tip: All are nice but older mountain rooms have tub with shower, while new rooms have walk in showers, we...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank catlover10
Summerville, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

we have been going to this resort two or three times a year .starting with the first year they opened.it has grown into a very beautiful resort. the rooms are very nice and the beds are super comfortable. The casino has about every slot machine you could imagine. They also offer many table games. The service is very good They are always smiling and helpful. We will visit again as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a view.
Green Features: They are working hard for our future. they use energy efficient lighting. and efficient ventilation systems They encourage all the green practices.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank larry h
TN
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stay here two or three times a year and really enjoy this resort. This time we were assigned the Soco Tower and they have put in new carpet and wallpaper since our last stay. We had two awesome meals at Brio. The new outdoor pool & bar are open!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank petenjulia
Knoxville
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I go to Harrah's Cherokee about once, maybe twice a year. Usually for just the day since I live only about 2 hours away. I was given a comped room on on Sunday evening so I decided to take advantage of it. I got there at about 5pm and check-in was a breeze. I've read many reviews that complain about the amount of walking to and from your room to the casino floor. I'm not sure where they were staying, but I stayed in the Mountain tower and it was about a 30 yard walk from the elevator to the casino floor which was perfect. Not sure what the fuss is about.

First of all, I don't play slot machines unless I'm really bored and grates on my nerves those that rate a property poorly just because they don't win at a casino. If you plan on going to a casino for the sole purpose of winning then you shouldn't go. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now. My favorite game is Pai Gow Poker, but alas they don't have this game. I asked one of the pit bosses if there were any plans on getting it and they said they didn't know but she said considering they just recently got Mississippi Stud that the chances were good. My friend and I walked around looking for a cheap game of blackjack and found a $10 table that had a TV above the dealer (most tables do). We played some cards and watched the world cup. It was a great atmosphere. Won some, lost some, had some laughs. Ended up getting back to even and went to get some food. I went to the food court and got a meatball calzone. It was a little expensive (which doesn't surprise me... I'm at a casino and expected it) but tasty. My buddy decided not to eat at this time so I met him back at a Mississippi Stud table ($10). It was my first time playing this game and I have to say, I don't think I will ever play it again. I was never a fan of Let It Ride and this game it basically the same except in reverse. I eventually left the table and went to look for my second favorite game, craps. There are about 10 tables and I think 4 were $10 and 2 were $15 and the rest not open. It took a little waiting but I finally grabbed an opening at a $10 table. This is one of the very few casinos that I've been in that offer the Fire bet at a craps table. After about 30 minutes of play, a shooter finally got hot and nailed a 5-point run, 250-1 for my $1 fire bet. I cashed out ahead and found my buddy again for some more blackjack. Played a few more hours then went back to the room. The room to me was just an average casino room. It wasn't a Super 8 by any means, but it wasn't like some of the Vegas strip rooms either. It was clean and comfortable and I can't complain considering it was comped. Got up the next morning for some Dunkin' Donuts in the food court. I paid $6 for a dozen munchkins. YIKES! Luckily I had enough points on my players card so I didn't have to use cash. I munched my way back to the craps table and quickly lost what I had won the previous night. Oh well, that's the nature of craps, you can win quickly and lose even quicker. All the dealers were very nice and quickly learned my betting habits to where they were reminding me about certain bets I like to make.

Overall, a very good experience. I was really happy that the table minimums weren't through the roof considering this is the only game for miles. Yes, there is smoke but it's not the fog that many previous reviewers have complained about. I'm definitely going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is set in a beautiful area of the Smokey mountains. The casino is the average casino, put it in and watch it go away. For watch you lose here you can buy an X-Box and be more entertained for a lot less. The hotel rooms are nice. Buffet very good and Ruth Chris is fantastic. The only problem was my 20 year old daughter was with us and couldn't get to any of the food places except the buffet and Starbucks, she had to be escorted by two guards to get to Ruth Chris. Had a way better time in Vegas. Best part was the river rafting on the Nantahala River.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family