Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
US$122
Fairfield Inn
US$137
Hampton.com
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$79
EconoLodge
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
US$105
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
US$80
River's Edge Motel(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
US$111
Stonebrook Lodge(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
US$116
Agoda.com
Rolling Hills Lodge(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hotels.com
19,545 results
All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our third stay at this property. We stayed for three nights and this time we had a corner suite that was literally the perfect hotel room. Large living/dining room with an office space with internet hookup. Wet bar off the dining living room area. Large flat screen, large comfortable sofa with chairs. Dining area had a table with seating for four. Bedroom was large with floor to ceiling windows (as in the dining room/living room) another large flat screen TV, plenty of drawers for storage, nice closet with a safe. Large Jacuzzi tub behind sliding glass doors that opened to the bedroom and the bathroom, nice robes to use while staying, large shower, double sink bath counter and toilet in a separate space. Everything nicely appointed, fresh towels and linens, and great views of the mountains from the many windows. Refrigerator and microwave on the wet bar. Room was so comfortable it was hard to leave it. The air conditioning system was terrific. Not once did we need to adjust it while staying -- the room held a steady temperature that was always pleasant.
Hotel has added some new restaurants -- Selu Garden replaces Paula Dean. Ruths Chris Steakhouse is a new addition since our last visit as is Tuscan Brio. Ate at two of the three and were pleased. The Buffet continues to be a very good option with an extensive selection and fast service.
The hotel has added an indoor and an outdoor pool and you can walk from one to the other through doors which separated them. Both pools are large with plenty of seating available. Neither pool is deep which is a good thing because the place isn't for Olympic swimmers in training -- it's for people who just want a nice pool to dip into. Outdoor pool has a food and bar area and a private cabanas if that's what you enjoy along with a lot of comfortable chaises for sunning.
The casino is large with a lot of machines. My only complaint -- they need to replace their older video poker machines with more current video poker machines. There were a few of the most recent machines but not enough of them for people who enjoy video poker. Also -- they need to convert more of their machines to multi-denominational mode so people can choose to play from nickels to dollars on the machines.
Other than that -- it's a nice casino.
They do allow smoking and although I'm not a smoker, I didn't find the smoke overwhelming although on a really crowded night or day, I expect it would be an issue. There are non-smoking areas but unfortunately sometimes the machines you play aren't in those areas and then you just have to deal with it.
Food court in the casino is a good feature -- Johnny Rockets, Dunkin Donuts, a deli, Starbucks. Hotel also has various shopping venues -- a men's store, ladies store, sundries, golf shop, candy store, etc.
Didn't go to the concert venue this time but did on prior trips and know that it's large and nice space to catch a performance.
Every employee we encountered from valet, to reception, security, wait staff, maids, etc. -- were friendly, cheerful, and efficient in their job. Had a great time.

Room Tip: It's paid WiFi normally but it was comped for me. I think any room in this property would prove to be very good.
3  Thank Veneto8
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My first visit wasn't good. But this is my fourth time. I got a king suite an it is a lot nicer and bigger. The jet tub is short in 443. Last room had a very long tub. It's nice if ur tall ,to have a long tub. I really enjoy coming. Just wish I could leave a winner ! Make a good stay great. Don't be afraid to ask questions so u can have a good comfortable room. An the accommodations u need! June

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank June143
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have stayed here twice and each time it was great. Very clean and peaceful. New pool area is very nice. King bed very comfortable and bathroom is big. Mini fridge was very helpful and we had a nice view of mountains with both stays. They do have security stationed at different points so only those who actually have a room in the hotel can enter that area, I liked that, had to show your keycard to go beyond that point. Easy to get to casino, restaurants, shops and parking garage. Great weekend getaway!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just got back from 3 nights at Harrah's Hotel, comped rooms, so that sure makes it better! The hotel is beautiful, clean and well taken care of. We were on the 4th floor in the Mountain Tower, wonderful king bed, large bathroom with marble vanity, nice towels, soaps, shampoo and lotion provided. Staff is friendly, we have no complaints. Well, maybe one small one but with free rooms I hate to mention it! It would be nice to have complimentary breakfast, but we brought juice and breakfast rolls with us, made coffee in the room and had breakfast in room two mornings. I don't like having to get dressed for the day to go to breakfast, so that worked very well. As I said, I even feel bad mentioning that with 3 free nights. However, I probably paid well for them in the casino!!!

Room Tip: I don' like high floors, so I always request lower floor room close as possible to casino. Room 407 was our room, it was close but, of course, had no view except equipment with a little sky view if you got close to window and looked up!!!! But I like the convenience of it.
2  Thank J E
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is one of Harrah's best properties. The hotel, the grounds, and the surrounding area is beautiful. The employees here go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. The rooms are larger than most casino hotels. They have high end restaurants to burger joints. All of the food offerings are expensive. Be ready to put out some big bucks to eat here. There are a lot of good alternatives a short drive away. If you want to stay on a week end, be sure to reserve well in advance. They have three hotel towers and they are always sold out on week ends. They have a huge casino with lots of entertainment. Slots don't pay out a lot, but still fun to play.

Room Tip: Some room can be a long walk to the elevators. Request close to elevators.
3  Thank 277CarlM