“Fun trip”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Waxhaw
“Fun trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We are 3 hours away and we enjoyed a nice couple of days in the mountains. The casino is great but don't expect a great payday. Machines are tight, and if you want to get on a $5 blackjack table, your wait time could be up to an hour. Plus $10 tables are far and few between. And it is cold, so plan on dressing warm. It was still fun and the hotel is nice and clean. We liked the creek side, it's newer. The buffet is ok we like Bravo, sitting at the bar, and John-Like, Tristan are the best bartenders around. Sign up for total rewards, it can eventually get some rewards. There isn't a lot to do, some antiquing in Franklin, NC and good golfing near by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stephanie h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,626)
  • Korean first
St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Hotel is beautiful and the Casino is a smoke filled....If you want to enjoy yourself, eat at the Buffet, a bit expensive, but the food is good. It cost us 65.00 without a tip and I felt that it was a bit pricey but so is gambling...Like many casinos on a reservation the pay outs are slim to none but it's the adrenaline rush that makes us make a donation...LOL...enjoy..life is too short.

Green Features: Go and enjoy - it's a beautiful casino and hotel....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maureen M
Taylors SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We occasionally get a free at Harrahs. This time we got the room & also tickets to concert to see Collective Soul. The room was great as always. The concert was one f the best I have seen in a long time. Great band!

Room Tip: All rooms I have stay in has been great.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Belton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple times now. Always quiet and love the casino. The best part was our room service for breakfast. Our food was tasty, hot and prompt. They even called back to check on everything. Definitely coming back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

As a Caesars/Harrah's Seven Stars member, I have stayed at many of their properties over the years. With a free trip offer needing to be taken by the end of the month, I decided to try travelling to Harrah's Cherokee with my wife and 12 year old daughter thinking that the mountains would offer more family options than most other casino areas. We arrived not really knowing what to expect and ended up having a wonderful time.

This is definitely a resort that is more than just a casino. The hotel is located in a beautiful setting and takes full advantage of its surroundings. A creek runs between the hotel and casino buildings with a trail and outdoor tables. One morning we were sitting there and a family of otters swam up the creek and played in between the buildings. The pool area is nicely done with plenty of seating and a nice bar/café. You could easily spend an afternoon just lazing there and enjoying yourselves. Because the casino and hotel are in completely separate buildings, you can spend a lot of time here and not even know that there is a casino.

There are several high end restaurants to choose from. We ate at Ruth's Chris and Brio and both were excellent meals equal in quality to all but the highest end restaurants in Vegas. We also ate breakfast and lunch in the lobby café and the food there was also a very high quality. There were more food options in the surrounding towns than I expected, though they were more diner type of restaurants than fine dining. When you add in the food court in the casino and the buffet, there are certainly plenty of choices to keep anyone happy.

The area itself is full of things to do for the entire family. Just 15 minutes drive and a short hike up a reasonably steep trail was a magnificent waterfall. The Smokeys, which are literally next door, have lots of things to do and see. We took a train ride through the mountains to shop in a small town, splashed in the river at the park in Cherokee, and hiked to an observation tower at the top of one of the tallest mountains in the east, all within less than an hour drive from the hotel. I know most people do not think of a casino as a great place for a family vacation, but there were plenty of things for everyone to do in the area.

The casino itself is huge. The only Caesars casino I can think of that rivals it in size is Caesars Palace in Vegas, but this is not as chopped up as Caesars Palace. There were loads of slot machines that I have never seen elsewhere and the tables were crowded even on the weeknights. Drinks were not free, but you could use your reward credits to buy drinks at any of the casino bars (not from the slot or table waitresses though). From a gambling perspective, I can't see how you could complain. The slots seemed no looser or tighter than the ones you find in Vegas or AC. Play long enough and you will lose, but I seemed to get a decent amount of play for my money.

My biggest complaint about the property is the lack of any real night life other than gambling. There was one bar that was set up for a band, and it seemed to only have entertainment Friday and Saturday nights. The other bars were typical casino poker machine bars, which are never that entertaining in my opinion. The only bars I could see where you could watch sports on TV to any extent were in the two main restaurants, and I assume they closed relatively early. Considering the crowds that they had there each night, I think they could add some better options.

Still that is nit picking. Considering it is located in rural North Carolina and not in Las Vegas, the breadth of things to see and do at this casino hotel is remarkable. It may not have an attached mall or steady headline entertainment like some other Caesars properties, but taking everything else into account, this may be my favorite of all the Caesars/Harrah's properties I have ever visited. I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank JMoyer
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Me family and I recently stayed at Harrah's for 2 nights during the week. The rooms are large and well appointed, the mattresses and bed pillows are great too. All of the staff that we encounter were nice and polite. We did call down and request extra towels and received them very promptly. My only complaint is that upon checking in we felt the room could have been cleaned better, there was several long hairs on the bathroom floor when we went into the room. With that said everything else was good considering the room was complementary.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jhoyle51
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very nice. Always love staying here. Beds are very comfortable and room is furnished with modern decor. All staff are very professional and helpful. Never had any problems here and I have stayed numerous times. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014