Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Camino Motel(Cherokee)
  • Pool
19,164 results
All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We stop by once a year. I always set a limit and leave when I'm ahead. We've won cumulatively about $300 in the last three years. The restrooms are very clean. There are lots of machines and tables to choose from. You can play penny machines are be a high roller. Easy parking in a garage.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hipmathchick
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

When I like to get away alone I usually head up to Cherokee for a day or two. I love the rooms and the casino had been renovated and is very clean. The diamond lounge no longer had a menu and the buffet has gone downhill but overall I still love the place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Tammy W
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I like this place, the rooms are nice, the casino is alright, the food is what you would expect. My problem was the craziness of 6 mile maze that you have to walk through to get anywhere from your room! I don't know, I was there on comp so maybe they just gave me a middle of nowhere room. All I know is that after walking for 30 minutes to get to the casino I was no longer in the mood for slots. Also, no free drinks in the casino. No big deal, just be aware.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Spreadpeacenothate
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Among my many gambling ventures I have come accustomed to getting rooms comped and great service from the hotel. Unfortunately neither of that happened on this trip. While I can get rooms comped Sun-Fri in Vegas, Atlantic City, and many other Harrahs casino hotels in the country, as well as other brand casinos, Harrahs Cherokee charged me. My friend and I gambled from 10:00 PM until 8:00 am. We only got a few hours sleep before we got kicked out. I say kicked out because many times in other casino hotels I have asked for a late checkout and they happily oblige. Not so here. They rudely said "No can do". "If your in the room past 12;00 you will be charged another night. If that was the only poor treatment I had to endure I would not be writing this. This is a smokers casino and I don't smoke, other than a cigar now and then. I know what kind of air quality I am in for when I come here. If I can, I choose the "Non-Smoking" Black Jack Table. I was there for an hour or two when they came and changed the table to a smoking table. What! Why would they do that to a full table of non-smokers? I think it is the same reason why they kicked us out of our room without offering even a 1/2 hour late departure. They need to learn how to treat gamblers better. Both of these instances rubbed me the wrong way. When they called Last Call for Alcohol , my friend and I ordered one more beer each. We kind of nursed it knowing it was the last. The pit boss comes over and tries snatching my half drank beer that cost me $5.00 plus $1 tip. I told him come back in a few and he rudely said I had to drink up because there can't be any alcohol in the casino. "Really? You should have told me when I purchased it that I had a time limit to drink it"! It is a shame that Atlantic City is not doing well due to many casinos opening up on the east coast. I have been to many and the only thing I like is they are mostly smoke free and AC is not. I will take the smoke, the free drinks, comped rooms, beauty of the ocean and respectful treatment I get there over any other casino on the east coast, especially Harrahs Cherokee Hotel & Casino. Even though I do well there when I gamble, I have no desire to return. I won't stay in that hotel again unless they comp me because I won't pay for such poor treatment. Save your money and go to Vegas or Atlantic City. They appreciate our business there and they show it with comped rooms, late checkouts, respectful service & free alcohol drinks. These other casinos treat us like they forgot who is paying there salaries.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nationwide58
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been to Cherokee in the past as a child on trips with my parents but had never been to the Hotel and Casino. I was expecting a cheesy gambling hotel with bare bones furnishings. I was surprised and pleased at the quality of the rooms, the hotel, the pleasantness of all the people we met at the hotel and the casino. The rooms in the hotel are large, nicely furnished and very clean. Others who have never been there and expect few amenities in this out of the way location will be pleased to hear that there is both a Brio and a Ruth's Chris onsite. The deals at the Casino were all very friendly. I had heard the Casino started out with only slots but they now have all of the card and other table games. I plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends