“Can Never Get Reservation”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Can Never Get Reservation”
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Although I receive mail from Harrahs about a room and a show, no matter when I have tried to get a reservation can never one. Would not recommend to a friend because they would not be able to get a reservation. Casino slot machines are too tight, Need to loosen them up a bit to keep people coming.

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,240)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We used to travel to Cherokee about 6 times a year...The hotel is clean and the food is decent..But if you slip to a Platimum Player,,there are NEVER NEVER available rooms for you, only off Property. What a LIE..And as for alcohol..Any decent casino offers free drinks...We now have been almost a yr without going to Cherokee...We go to Atlanic City,Tunica,and Beau Rivage..we are treated like ROYALITY....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bingomamma
Augusta, GA
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Stayed 3 nights with group. Hotel rooms were very nice.Food was good. Casino was terrible. Found out from employee that the poker machines have hit a royal two times since the casino opened and there are a lot of poker machines.So what does that tell you?? Hahaha

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank rebeld8
North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We visit Harrahs Cherokee, six to eight times per year. The hotel is wonderful. Very clean.Slots are very tight. Now they are serving alcohol on the casino floor. But, unlike Vegas where its free while playing, they are charging $5 per beer. Outrageous. I have not seen many patrons with a beer in hand. I guess they cannot get the fact that the more alcohol they serve, the more people gamble.The other issue is the smoke. It is the worst casino we visit. Vegas casinos are not as bad. The SMALL non smoking area is a joke. They are building on to the casino. Hope more non smoking area is available. Or they should put all the smokers in that small non smoking area,and SHUT THE DOOR, and let them try to escape.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ggbeach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 December 2009

I am solely writing my review about my hotel experience and not the Casino. I wrote a seperate review about the casino under the attractions. My partner and I just recently moved from Pennsylvania to South Carolina. We used to frequently travel to Atlantic City.....Since we moved we thought we would give Harrah's Cherokee a show. We were given 3 complimentary nights here in Cherokee. The rooms are very nice and clean. The bed is nice, and the room is nice too. Most of the hotels in Atlantic City, I've given 5 stars, but this room isn't quite 5 star level, to me. The room is quite a bit smaller than the rooms we were used to in Atlantic City..Also, Our rooms in AC had up to date equipment such as HD TVs and a lot larger bathrooms. Though our room was very nice, its not quite what we were used to gettting at Harrah's in Atlantic City. As I said, this review is strictly based about our hotel experience and not the casino.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed 19 December 2009

We go to Harrah's Cherokee every chance we get.The Hotel is great and staff are friendly and helpful.We love the location right in the mountain's.It is well worth a visit.It is not like the Atlantic City boardwalk casinos are the big Las Vegas one's,but it is still a great place....
Love it there

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MooseSouthCarolina
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I didn't realize how really great this hotel/staff was until I visited other Harrahs locations....there is no comparison. First, I have stayed at the hotel, and gambled at the casino many times over the last 3 years. ( It is a six hour drive) Every time I've stayed at the hotel has been comped, and I'm certainly no high-roller. I've always gotten the room I've requested, with mountain view and jetted tub. Everyone from the valet to the housekeeping staff has been wonderful, (which has NOT been the norm in Atlantic City, where many casino/hotelstaff were just plain rude or disinterested) and the hotel is beautiful. The food is good at the buffet, and service is fast. There IS a smoke smell, but that is the only complaint I have. The slots are no tighter there than any other casino I've played at. I will continue to visit the Harrahs Cherokee Casino Resort in the beautiful Smokey Mountains every chance I get!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends