“Just a few thoughts I have.....”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
GA
“Just a few thoughts I have.....”
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Have been to Cherokee several times and really enjoy it....BUT Harrah's makes offers then the answer is always NO, sorry can't offer that to you this time. I understand some people rank over others but all the time?? So then just offer the specials to them!
The new upgrade of the place looks GREAT but some stuff needs to be reconsidered. Like the NEW Concert area...what a joke! They expect you to STAND during a 2 or 3 hour show??? That was not enjoyable at all! They kept saying that the concert was SOLD OUT! But all I could see were empty seats on the upper levels! Then now you have to deal with Ticket Master to buy tickets for concerts....I would much rather deal with Harrahs for my tickets, then if something is not right work it out right then and not be told Sorry, you have to contact Ticket Master. Alittle more attention needs to be placed on the Hotel also, just getting run down and doesn't seem like they care. Just get all the New stuff done first. What employees I do come in contact with are just as nice and friendly but I think they are spread alittle thin. I will continue to visit Cherokee but with fewer visits
during the year. It was just so much more fun at the beginning and to me it shows that all they really care about now is your $$$$$ coming in. I really hate to see it that way!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank belhow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,824)
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Spent a few nights at the hotel last week. Great staff throughout the hotel, but especially at the check in. They did their best to get me the room location that I had requested and came through with flying colors. Had to wait awhile for the room, but was worth it. The room was very comfortable, very clean and if I needed anything the people on the floor provided it for me. I have never been disappointed when I book a room at this hotel. Thank you for another great stay !!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We just returned from our second trip within a year to Harrah's Cherokee. The new facility is wonderful!! I am highly allergic to tobacco and can not stand the odor on my clothes. I noticed signs of smoking (men with cigars, cigs & pipes) but did not smell it. I do not know what changes they made with the new facility but I would have thought I was in a smoke free enviornment. Thank you Management for taking care of this issue. I would highly recommend you go back again for those who posted bad remarks about the smoke. We all were thrilled with our gambling. I plan to go back next week to see if the leaves are turning and to see if the slots are still HOT!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I never get a good hand at the poker tables,somethings wrong ,and you can forget the slot machines,anywhere else i win at texas hold-em no limit but not here,whens it going to change,until it does for me i will advise people to not even go.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank craps94
asheville, nc
Reviewed 6 October 2010

i cant believe all the negative comments, harrahs cherokee is a great place to come and have fun. as far as the smoke ordeal dont come around it, stay to your self in the non smoking section duh!!! all the different types of rooms are very clean and the staff is very courteous. when i come i may not win a whole lot but it is fun to gamble if you have the money. the last time i came it did take a very long time to get into the fresh market square buffet but thats is the only bad thing that i could possibly say about this casino, it is a great place to visit!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Toledo.OH
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I read reviews before going here, but gave them a try anyways. As soon as you walk into the hotel you smell the smoke. yuck! All the Employees were very nice and helpful. The rooms were nice, big and cleaned. The carpet on the way to the room was very stained, dirty and coming apart . Why do you need two buffets? No sit down and order from menu restaurant. Ate at the Express Deli area,don't know name of it, wasn't good, only one person working front line and one cooking. There was a line up. I did win a little at slots. They did have newer and slot machines that I haven't played before. The chairs at some of the slot machines need to be replaced no padding just sitting on wood. Not comfy at all. Smoke was very,very bad. Need to have better ventilation system.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank dkowens
Marietta,ga
Reviewed 28 September 2010

great trip, my wife and I doubled our money on Blackjack again, Need real cards! Great rooms. I hope they are working on the smoke problem....maybe smokeless ash trays....The event Center was nice, saw Paula Deen had a good time.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple