All reviewsdirectly across the streetharrah's casinofront deskroom was cleanwould stay here againfree breakfastnice hotelking roomindoor poolyogurtbreakfast bara great place to stayeasy accessthe blue ridge parkwaycasino floorcrosswalkgambling
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. You can walk out the side door and you are across the street and a short walk from Harrah's Cherokee casino. The room was clean and everyone on the staff was nice and helpful. Breakfast is included and consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, muffins, bread, cereal, and waffles. The only reason I didn't give them an excellent is that the pillows on the bed are small and to soft. I'll bring my own pillow next time. I will definately be staying here next time I come to Cherokee.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The room me had was on the 2nd floor and it was nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was not so great. They serve a hot breakfast and the eggs apparently missed the hot part and they were cold. The bagels were good they were fresh and didn't taste like the kind you find in a bag on the grocery shelf. Good selection of cereal. Very close to Harrah's Casino. If I was to come to Cherokee for the casino I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators, a lot of traffic coming from casino at all hours of the night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I don't think anyone stays at this, or any other Cherokee hotel by choice. Chances are that you could not get a room at the always sold out Casino and this seemed like a good option. I read that that the casino withholds 40% of their rooms for comped players, so it can be empty and they will still tell you it is sold out. Back to the Fairfield Inn, it was a good experience. We arrived on a Saturday around 11:30 am and were able to check in early, a welcome surprise. The two ladies at the front desk were extraordinarily friendly and made us feel very welcome. Off to a great start.

The rooms are decent and in good shape. We found it very quiet and in good repair. The only issue was the bed was a little below standard. The mattress sat very low on the bed and was very soft. Pillows were good. The bed spread was somewhat crumpled and made the bed look even messier, but was really the only issue we had. Interestingly, the traveler photos on Trip Advisor are most surely not taken by travelers. I thought they looked like stock photos before I arrived and having stayed there, can confirm this. It's not all that different, but our room, and in particular the bed, simply did not look as flawless as the photos would suggest.

Breakfast was good and they cleaned tables regularly. We also liked that they had 24 hour coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby. The main entrance to the casino is literally a 2 minute walk. One suggestion: just to the right of the hotel is a light with a walk symbol. Use it, as trying to get across the very busy road is not a good idea. Most people do not see it and try to instead dodge traffic.

The Fairfield Inn is the closest hotel to the casino, and a good value. Overall, we were very pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Reldim
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Basic motel room, clean, good breakfast included, directly across the street from Harrah's casino. Driving tip: coming from the East on Rt. 74 don't follow the travel instructions on the hotel web-site which will eventually take you down a winding little mountain road, but use highway 441 to Cherokee instead.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geo08
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is the fourth hotel I have stayed at in Cherokee. Out of the four hotels, this one was the best. Location was good for us (easy to get to and right across the street from the casino); the price was right; amenities just what we needed (business center, free breakfast, toiletries); comfortable bed and pillows; and lots of space are some things that stand out. But I have to say that customer service can make or break a hotel and this Fairfield had excellent CS. That is what stands out the most. I hope Marriott knows that they have a star employee in Sherry. She was so friendly and welcoming. Always had a smile and always asked if she could do anything more for us. She makes travelers feel like Fairfield is happy to have them as guests. And makes sure the guests knows that Fairfield is glad they were the hotel chosen amongst the others.
Also, I was in Cherokee for a special occasion. Sherry made sure it was a special stay and one I won't forget. I am one happy travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple