“Per friendly but dirty” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Pendleton
“Per friendly but dirty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was smelly, sofa cushion torn, and I coughed all night. This hotel should really consider taking up the dirty carpet and putting down another floor. Batter machine was broken so couldn't make waffles. Staff saw us struggling and ignored us. Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mark J, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cherokee, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I just started managing this hotel and reviews like yours has helped me before it even walked in the door for the first time. I knew what I need to work on from day one, with the staff, the condition, and how the guest see this hotel. I value your review and I wish I could say it was not true, but is was true. I am here to get this hotel back to the hotel it once was. I can already see the changes and I am excited how this hotel can improve. Again, thank you and if you are in the area again, stop and see how we have improved and you just might want to give us a try. We hope you will.
Mark Jones, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have stayed here many years, sometimes twice a year to partake in Cherokee cultural interests and the Park. I did like the location and the staff was helpful . Despite what is stated, no more in room coffee. Always before room was cooled .Whole place hot, and not July yet. Free breakfast not near as good quality as before. Messed up my reservation. This never happened before. Room dirty. Cheap toilet paper that had holes! Did not use pool as cleanliness did not seem important. Desk clerk and house keepers not real interested in details. I could just as easily stay at the Microtel in Maggie Valley if I did not want a nice place and it would be $20 cheaper per night and the drive to Cherokee is nice.

Room Tip: Top floor usually has noisy dogs ( owners leave pets unattended to go to casino) and near room 315 n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SBowers2014
Mark J, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cherokee, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review. YES, everything you stated in your review was correct. This hotel has missed the mark in alot of basic items. I am the new manager and I am her to correct the deficiencies that this hotel had. I look forward to watching this hotel regaining the top spot on TripAdvisor in Cherokee. If you are in Cherokee again, stop by and see the improvements in the hotels operation and I think you will be please and give us another chance. Thank you!
Mark Jones, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cherokee hotels

Monroe, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I made reservation for my husbands birthday to ride the Bryson City Train and go to Casino. They booked us in a smoking room, neither of us smoke, it was dirty, pillows were torn on the sofa, and the smell was overwhelming. I called front desk, girl was very rude, they had no more rooms they were booked solid. We could not find another room anywhere because it was Memorial Day weekend so we drove back home 3 hours. We lost our money on the train.
We will never ever stay at a Microtel Inn. The way the lobby looked I could not even imagine eating the breakfast the next day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Greene324
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Were larger than most Microtel facilities. Two queen beds in most rooms, no kings. Breakfast and parking included. Friendly staff. Check in not until 4:00p and we found that a problem. They need more staff to clean rooms earlier. No complaints but nothing to rave about either, so all in all, it was am OK experience

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We were traveling through the area and needed a place to stay for one night.
This place really needs an update. The rug in our room was disgustingly dirty and felt slimy when we walked on it. There were these tiny little flying bugs flying around the room.
The people working there were very friendly and helpful though. It's in a convenient location with a grocery store and pharmacy next door. We will most likely skip this one next time we are in town!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple