“ROOM WAS CLEAN AND QUIET”

Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
“ROOM WAS CLEAN AND QUIET”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed here 1 night with my daughter and 2 grandchildren. The room was about a 3.5 on a 5 star rating. We searched for a hotel the night before we needed it and found prices in Cherokee to be generally high on a Thursday night. This hotel was not very near the casino but more near the Unto These Hills play which worked for us as that was one of our destinations and the other being the Indian Village also nearby. The room was clean and amazingly quite. I do always at time of booking request a room away from the elevators, ice or snack machines and this request was honored with the room pre-assigned at check in. The bathroom was small but very clean. All fixtures seemed not very old. There was no tub only an enclosed shower with a glass door that was extra clean. I'm unsure if all the rooms have showers only or not I would suggest that if this could be an issue for you that you call the hotel and inquire about this before booking. I certainly did not read this in any of the reviews I had read and was not expecting it. We had such a full day and night that the oldest granddaughter and I opted to sleep in for the buffet breakfast. However according to my daughter there wasn't much to it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank NOZIECAT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
Tennessee
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel has very poor customer service and is located in a bad area. We had reservations for one night , July 4, 2014. Upon check-in we were told they could not find our reservations and even if they could they did not have room to accomodate us. The front desk lady was very rude, she offered no alternative or an apology. It was a terrible experience. We ended up staying at another hotel across from the casino and it was wonderful. DO NOT STAY HERE! You will regret it!!!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank AmyRidge08

Travellers are raving about these Cherokee hotels

Asti, Italy
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I spent just one night. The check in was fast, the room was clean and bed comfortable. During my short stay I didn't have a chance to interect with the staff but, for me, everything worked. The breakfast was nothing special. Worth for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Williston, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I read reviews and sometime think "there is no pleasing people". However, these accommodations were horrible. Breakfast was cold cereal, stale bagel, warm juice and cold coffee on 2 of the days we were there. The last day was not much better. Stale biscuits and sausage gravy heated in the microwave along with instant pkgs of oatmeal. We stayed 3 nights and our room was never cleaned properly, threadbare sandpaper towels, only one washcloth for 3 days, lukewarm water in the shower, no bathtub in room - only shower. Thank goodness I took soap, the soap provided is the size of 2 postage stamps. If we had not already paid in full, we would have left when we opened the room door. Please do yourself a favor and book someplace else.

Room Tip: Spend a few $$'s more and stay someplace else, we will next time.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wanda B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We did not have a reservation, but we were given a beautiful, fully equipped room. The staff was very welcoming and helpful with restaurant suggestions. The building was neat and clean. I loved the pool and hot tub. Our room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was a little disappointing, but there are so many places close by that it wasn't really much of an issue. And best of all was the price!! We stopped just a little bit down the road first and did not stay because of the price. We were so pleasantly surprised to find this place. We will certainly stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CAROL P
Eastman, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I booked booking.yeah but think booking.no! I was told certain room type and when I checked in was not in what I booked. But the front desk clerk went above and beyond getting me in to the room I wanted! Hotel was clean maybe some updates here and there in the rooms but overall was good. Breakfast does lack what you are accustomed to. Staff great.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Don M
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We must say the reviews were a little weary... but we were welcomed by smiles from beginning to end. Our grandson whose 6 just finished Kindergarten so we thought we would give our daughter a break and take him for a weekend out. We are glad we chose here as to only because of price is right. There were 2 ladies at the desk Brittanie & Melanie and by far funniest/friendliest check in ever!! Our room was wonderful and room smelled like fresh laundry which over looked the swimming pool. My grandson (the flirt) had a blast. Everything was great we had good service housekeepers Alisha & Sonya took lovely care of us they lacked nothing at all!! Although whom ever does the breakfast food ordering should probably see if they would like Little Debbie's (chocolate cake) for breakfast and O.J was not what we are used to. The Breakfast is the ONLY thing we could complain about. That's why we enjoyed Peters Pancakes which Melanie highly recommended... Kudos to her and her staff. We have already booked our next trip and will recommend this hotel to family & friends!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family