“Food was filling and good, price was reasonable”

Kobe Express of Cherokee
Ranked #34 of 47 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Food was filling and good, price was reasonable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

There were few choices in Cherokee in March for dinner outside of the casino. Kobe looked like the best choice. Others agreed because both nights I ate there, the restaurant was nearly full of customers. The portions are good and the price is good. The teriyaki steak and broccoli was good enough for me to order both times. I avoided the ginger salad dressing the second visit--it was heavy and sweet. The wait staff was prompt and our orders were filled exactly as we hoped. This is not a great Japanese restaurant. It is, however, a great choice for dinner in Cherokee. I would even recommend getting out of the over-priced casino restaurants and get a dinner at Kobe.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tom c

Summerville, South Carolina
“Ate there back to back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

First experience: I come in somebody else yells, " sit where you want!" I'm glad I didn't leave though because it was awesome, awesome, awesome food, well the sushi chef was amazing, the second day I went to the drive thru though, LOL -jns

Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States
“Good food, not good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I don't think they were happy to see us. The server wasn't overly friendly and we didn't see her often. We ordered an appetizer, it was brought to us, then a few minutes after we finished it, it was brought to us again. We had to send it back. The food was delicious, but one of the meals was supposed to come with soup or salad and we were not asked about it or brought it. I just don't enjoy not having good service, regardless of the food. My one and only complaint about the food was that the shrimp and steak we ordered could have had more there. It was mostly vegetables with a bit of steak and shrimp thrown in.

• Visited February 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Yummy!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Food came out in a timely fashion and it was delicious!!! The portion for the price was very attractive and the location gorgeous!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
“Love Kobe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

The food and service is great. I've been to Kobe's several times and always had a good experience. The sushi is really good.

• Visited November 2013