“Very nice surprise”

Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I go to Cherokee mainly to go to the casino. If the casino is booked, which is usually every weekend, I try to stay as close as possible. This trip most of my usual spots were all booked as well. I ended up at the Comfort Inn a couple miles away. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. The room was very nice, spacious, comfortable beds, private deck over looking the river. I couldn't have been happier. My one complaint was that there was a door between my room and the room next to me. Common for hotels. This issue was that the doorway was not sealed properly. I could clearly hear everything that was being said in the room next to me and what they were watching on tv, and they were not being loud. It wasn't a major issue on this trip as I wasn't spedning much time in the room, but would be a problem if I was looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our stay at the Comfort Inn was wonderful! The rooms are cheerful, up-to-date, clean, comfortable!! We stayed in a room overlooking the river and it was amazing. Standing on the balcony listening to the river was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. You won't go wrong here.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I loved this hotel! Beautiful location! We stayed in a king room on the second floor overlooking the river and a mountain view.Loved!!! The staff Alicia and Mark were amazing:) The continental breakfast was great with great choices of food and beverages. I would recommend this hotel and plan on taking my family there!

Room Tip: Stay on right side, remodeled
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was just okay, room was clean but had some issues such as the fan in the bathroom hanging by a thread and a very dusty ceiling. The bed was very soft to the point of being uncomfortable. Breakfast was decent but the sausage was under cooked and the breakfast room was crowded so we decided to instead eat outside on the balcony. For the price I honestly would expect better.

1  Thank Sargehah
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have stayed here many times in the past but a few months ago we were comped a room at a couple of different motels in the area and they made us truly appreciate our stays here. We did request to be on the newer side of the hotel that has been remodeled. We had a king room and it did not disappoint. Everything was very clean and it appears that they have even updated their linens since our last stay and have added a couple of different pillow choices to the bed. We skipped breakfast this time but only because we were headed to Peter's pancakes and waffles. We have had the breakfast in the past and have always enjoyed it.

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms in the side of the hotel that have been remodeled because it's just a better...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tweis
Reviewed 22 February 2014

One of the nicest places I believe I have ever stayed at. The price was very reasonable, and was completely taken in by the size, cleanliness, and comfort this room provided. The staff was very polite, and helpful. And the complimentary breakfast was way above the average. I have traveled to a lot of places and have stayed in a lot of different hotels/motels. This place took me by surprise as to how truly nice it was for the price we paid. I work had for the money I earn, and I love to travel about when I vacation, so it is nice to find a place to stay that provides a great place to spend the night without ripping you off in the process. I would without a doubt recommend this establishment to everyone.

Room Tip: Always check the room before you agree to spend the night, or the money.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob B
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The room was clean, right next to the river. Light around the bed for reading did not function, breakfast was okay. They did have fruit. Easy access, fairly quiet, secure as far as I could tell. Slept well. Average prices for off season. Desk not extremely helpful did not offer discounts. I ask and was told no. No AARP. No AAA No No No.

Room Tip: Bottom level has balcony that opens on the river side. Lower rooms are still relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo