“Very affordable, pleasant”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Very affordable, pleasant”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were on a mini-road trip to see a bit of Appalachia and stayed at this hotel in Cherokee. The staff was very friendly and eager to help us, our room was surprisingly large (with a little living area, and a second sink outside the bathroom), and from the balcony we had a nice view of the river and mountains.

The only drawbacks of our stay were that our TV kept acting up, and our toilet had kind of a weak flush. The staff tried very hard to fix our TV, and apologized repeatedly that they couldn't move us to another room (it was a very busy weekend). We didn't mind these too much though, as we were only there one night.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable stay, and who wants a nice view of the mountains.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
N.Ga.Mountains
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A last minute trip to Cherokee means your options for lodging are limited. After reading the reviews on here we decided this looks like a good choice - and it did not disappoint. We were in a smoking king-size room with a whirlpool tub (Room 240). The room was at the head of the stairs and next to the ice machine - but we didn't hear too much from either of those. The room was very clean and didn't have that smell that most smoking rooms have. The bed was very soft (too soft for me, but I like a firm bed). The whirlpool tub was also very clean and I'm picky about that. It was't the quietest tub I've ever been in - it sounded like there might be a bubble in the line and that makes it noisier than usual. The view of the river off the balcony was very nice. From our room it was a straight on view of the water. You really couldn't hear the road noise at all. The check in clerk was very efficient and helpful. The drive to the casino was a straight shot - it took maybe 5 minutes and that's because we got stuck at a light. This won't be our last trip to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the right side - those rooms have a direct view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockwell NC
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is one of our favorite places to stay when in this area. Staff is friendly and will go out of their way to help you. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the breakfast is good. Will stay again when in this area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here and to start the hotel clerk was unfriendly. This was the only vacancy they had in Cherokee and while I was not expecting this to be a 5 star hotel, I thought the service would have been better. It's not a filthy hotel but it's not clean either, the beds were ok. You cannot get any cell phone service in the hotel at all, they have wifi but we could not get it to work.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank NeddR
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Really lovely stay. Beautiful hotel in a lovely place. The room was everything you could wish for. Big comfy beds, loads of pillows, a very pleasant seating area, all facilities and a balcony overlooking the river.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jill B
Efland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I go to Cherokee mainly to go to the casino. If the casino is booked, which is usually every weekend, I try to stay as close as possible. This trip most of my usual spots were all booked as well. I ended up at the Comfort Inn a couple miles away. I was pleasantly surprised with what I found. The room was very nice, spacious, comfortable beds, private deck over looking the river. I couldn't have been happier. My one complaint was that there was a door between my room and the room next to me. Common for hotels. This issue was that the doorway was not sealed properly. I could clearly hear everything that was being said in the room next to me and what they were watching on tv, and they were not being loud. It wasn't a major issue on this trip as I wasn't spedning much time in the room, but would be a problem if I was looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Michigan
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our stay at the Comfort Inn was wonderful! The rooms are cheerful, up-to-date, clean, comfortable!! We stayed in a room overlooking the river and it was amazing. Standing on the balcony listening to the river was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. You won't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple