“Poor excuse”
Review of Cool Waters Motel

Cool Waters Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Cool Waters Motel
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If I owned or operated an overpriced lodging inn that ranked 25 of a possible 27 and I may not have the courage to respond to all these angry folks either.
Yes my husband and I arrived late at night and had no other choice except to pay the 85 dollars for a room that looked as though the trash had been removed from the room and the bed made.
Forget running the vaccum or cleaning the nightstand asit had some unknown sticky substance all over it.
Forget wanting to sit at the table the chairs had a mold or fungus growing on them.
I could go on but folks honestly this is more than an oversight - I get the impression they don't really care about what kinds of diseases could be harboring in that place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wendy c
There are newer reviews for Cool Waters Motel

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The staff first off was not friendly, we walked in and didn't a get hello, hi or anything, the lady just stared at me like I was a alien until I asked for a room. The whole family was in the lobby and it was filthy. Once in the room the light was so dim you couldn't see that well, it had a awful smell, there was duck tape over a open wall socket, it was extremely dusty and once I went to take a bath I notice a ring around the tub where it had not been cleaned. The tile and towel holders was filthy with dust and dirt, you could scrap it off with your finger nail. The entire hotel was outdated. The only thing nice I can say is the sheets did appear clean and floor was vacumed. I will never stay here again!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank lynbrft
Reviewed 4 October 2013

One word ROACHES and when we complained they knew it. We were the second guest to leave. Horrible place all the way around. Beds are awful, tub had 16 cigarette burns. Sliding glass door would not lock.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was a very last minute stay... Very last minute.. Paid $85/night tax included. Seems like the whole family was in the small lobby. I'm all for "family businesses" but live the family "business" at home. We had no choice because everywhere we went at 10pm was booked. We didn't feel like going down to Maggie Valley this late and we were tired. Soooo.. we stopped. Room smelled like smoke even though we specifically asked for non-smoking and there is a non-smoking sign on door. It was slight so it was bearable. VERY VERY VERY outdated. We didn't stay to do anything but sleep so it did its purpose. We won the extra at the Casino so it didn't hurt our feelings. If it was money out of our pockets... We might have had to keep going.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stay at Cool Waters any time I go to Cherokee NC. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Being Cherokee myself I enjoy sitting and talking to the owner Ned. Nice pool and large backyard. Grannies Resturant is right across the street. Great buffet style food. I plan on going back this summer on my motorcycle Prices are very reasonable

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Lee F
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to give this hotel a good rating as we frequent it on GSM trips, but honesty and disappointment took over.

When we decided to extend our stay, the next morning just before checkout time, an important time, the office was locked with no note. The lady cleaning saw me and ducked away into a room. My second trip to office AT checkout time revealed she was running office too.

"What do you need?!!" She yelled from 4 rooms away, not to equal rudeness, I walked to her and politely said I would like to pay for another night. She opened the office, appeared frustrated and distracted, and only spoke when quoting price and change count back. I thanked her graciously to attempt to warm her up to no avail, not even a "have a good day, or don't let the door hit you!"

The Good: great location, ok price, river/ creek view from outdoor rear porch. Picnic area with grills covered tables, and outdoor fireplace. Summer pool. Nice bathrooms. Spacious rooms. Family owned. (Usually hospitable in previous visits!

The Bad: grouchy staff, old outdated rooms, loud maintenance work second evening working on gutter. Beds akin to sleeping on cots. Old AC/Heater poorly warmed cold room. Light bulbs shot on porch and lamp. No microwave, refrigerator, iron, or hair dryer. No ironing board. 13" tv from yester-decade.

I really used to look forward to Cool Waters, but next time staying at Harrahs Casino Hotel for same price, more amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank TheLandVyking
Reviewed 10 September 2012

The last time I was there was in the mid 90's. I plan on going back this year. Yes it was old then. I really enjoyed it there. Single floor, pool, stream out back, porch on rear of room, grills that I used. It was great for the children. Plenty of room to play. Kinda central to everything want to see around Cherokee. I would discribe the rooms as, Rustic. Real wood planks on the wall. I look forward to see how it has done in the last 20 yrs.. Hope I am not disappointed. In this survey it gives a list of stay time, my date doesn't show.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family