Cool Waters Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cherokee
See available hotels
  • Pool
El Camino Motel(Cherokee)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2009

near the casinos and bingoand the motel was ciean aiso had smoking rooms smoke i smoke

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2009

We stay at Cool Waters Motel twice a year, every year. It is a small cozy one story establishment with a pool outside, a lake full of fish, a play ground, and a beautiful creek big enough for children to play in. We stay here because it is kid friendly and my children just love it. There is not much to choose from in Cherokee and no hotel or resort can match the play ground, pool, and creek with several picnics tables. However the rooms are small and the door makes a horrible loud sound every time you open and close it and if the guest beside you are at the casino late...you will know when they return. I do not like the fact that there is no microwave or ice box in your room. The porch light outside also shines in and you have to hang your blanket over the window if you are sensitive to its bright effect when you sleep. Most of the room's have a small porch at your back door overlooking the creek and swing set area and it is relaxing to sit back and watch your children play from your back porch. You do have to be careful as the staff are the owners and have been known to quote you a price over the phone and jack it up once you arrive. The front clerks are not very friendly and do not seem to care if you stay or leave. They could be polite and smile and perhaps more guests would return. We laugh every time we check in or out at their nonchalant attitude. The place has its ups and down, just thought I would be honest and list them all. I recommend this establishment to families with children. Just do not go in thinking this be a high end hotel but more like sort of a rustic 70’s style motel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2007

We just stopped in on a Sunday Night. I have 2 small children, so the playground and pool was great, plus all we had to do to eat is walk across the road to Granny's Restaurant and have a wonderful meal. This motel was not crowded, and our room was very clean. I thought $50 for a room with 2 beds was a good deal. It was a pretty peaceful stay. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if they had a small fridge in the room. But there is no fridge or microwave.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank daltongeorgia
Reviewed 9 April 2007

The room was ok, clean, newly remodeled. For $45-$50 a night, I would have been really happy, just a place to sleep nothing else. This place actually has a lot going for it, it's close to the casino and bingo and Granny's restaurant is just across the street.

But for $65, the Baymont and Comfort Suites gives you a microwave, refrigerator, a decent sized TV to watch and a contential breakfast to boot.

Only a fool would pay this price and return to be robbed again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jonb55
Reviewed 13 December 2006

My husband made our reservation over the phone and was told the cost would be $48. When we got there, he went in, came back out and said they had charged our credit card on the spot for 3 days--Fri. Sat. and Sun. The Fri. and Sat. charges were $65!!!. I was very upset, so much so I could barely sleep Fri. night! It's the off season and I've stayed in Cherokee before at the Comfort Suites for less money than that, and that includes breakfast! This is a clean motel, and it does have a lovely creek in back and nice picnic area, but I'm not picnicking in Nov. It's just an old 50's motel and not worth that price at all.

Also, in the office there's a sign that says prices may change according to the attitude of the guest!!! If you want more than 1 pack of coffee per day, it'll cost you a dollar! Hard to find anyone in the office. The one housekeeper was surly. I was so mad it was hard to enjoy our stay. I will never, repeat never, stay here again. Oh yes, the beds were like rocks. I don't mind staying in a place like that if I'm charged what the place is worth. No breakfast, off season, $65!! No way. I'm trying to forget about it.

• Stayed: November 2006