“Memories worth more than money!”
Review of Pink Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Pink Motel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
“Memories worth more than money!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

30 years ago, my grandparents took my sister and I (2 tweens at the time) on a road trip. At one point, we stopped at the Pink Motel. We both remember the stream out back, the chairs for chatting and all the PINK! Recently, my family was traveling from Ohio to Florida and my husband agreed to take our kids to the Pink Motel. Its amazing how many memories came flooding back! I loved chatting with the staff about how it was 30 years ago, the things I remembered from then (We had stayed in room 8 then!) and many more things. I posted pictures on facebook, and just from a picture of the exterior of the rooms, my sister knew right where we were! I asked about the rocks having various messages written on them, and how I could go about doing one for my grandparents, who have now been deceased for 20 years. The lady just simply said "well, I suppose you would use a sharpie". That is the charm this place has in a nutshell. No frills, no fancies, just that feeling that you are someplace special that you will remember not for days, weeks, or months, but for decades.
!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jlakb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have been going to Cherokee for about 8 years an we normally go at least twice a year.We usually stay at Harrah's our entire visit but this time we wanted to try The Pink Motel out.It was a great price,staff was very nice and having the river right out back was great!We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed here 3 times, and it may not be the newest motel, or most modern, but it is the best. Having the river right out of your back door is wonderful. The staff are such nice people, and every day the room is serviced, unlike some of the higher price places I've stayed, and always had to ask for my room to be cleaned. Service and reasonable pricing is what I loo for and cleanliness of course. I get that at the Pink Motel. I will always stay here as long as open. I wish it was open year round. That is the only thing that I wish was different. If you want all the bells and whistles, stay in an over priced fancy place, but if you want a back porch with rocking chairs to sit and listen to the river flow by, then this is the perfect place for you and your family. You can fish for trout in the river, but make sure you get a permit! I love this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank thine0923
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We are frequent visitors in Cherokee and go about 5 times a year. We have stayed in almost every hotel/motel, ranging from classy to trashy and all between. I prefer paying less for the room and spending our time out in the town so when paying $210 for 2/nights I felt ok with that if room was going to be average. We are a family of five and pull up and right from the start I knew I had made a mistake Upon check in, the staff was nice but I could tell this was a very old, run- down motel. Now, as I said we have stayed almost every p[lace in Cherokee and have survived and not felt too taken advantage of. I didn't expect fluffy towels but I did expect a lot more than I got. We had to go to nearest dollar store and but Clorox, pillows, candles (for smell), extra sheets for rollaway bed and three way receptacles for hairdryer, phone chargers and etc that might need charged or just used. There was not one receptacle in bathroom and none to use in room. I had to pay and additional $60 just to stay two nights. There was several spots in carpet with no pad underneath, spiders, bugs, comforters with several cigarette burns and automatic door locks in bathroom, which led to us getting stuck in there. I was also told of great picnic areas and grills to use. The grills were being used by several different people at once and not clean at all, also two benches that had dry rotted several years ago.
I have never given a bad-review and was not going to do this but then I thought of other families' who might stop and have this same experience, I do feel bad because the staff was friendly and I am sure this is a family business that has gone through generations but that doesn't excuse the room. We camp a lot, and to be honest I would have preferred a tent over this. I hope they take the money they are making and do some much needed renovations and updating. We can all appreciate vintage but this is a far cry.

Room Tip: I have a feeling all rooms are the same/
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Brooke G
kansas city
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were traveling through the small lovely town of Cherokee on our way to the Smokies. We were with a travel tour, and were stopped for our lunch break. That's when my sister and I decided we must go across the street and see what "THE PINK MOTEL" was all about. The manager there was so sweet, and the motel was quite clean and attractive. We took a snapshot of her (see attached) and had a nice chat with her. We definitely will be back to stay for a few days at the motel, it sits next to a lovely creek we're told is good for fishing. I see by pictures from other travelers there are picnic tables in back for guests enjoyment. Love it already!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank chickone
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This is the place to stay! The entire staff here is the sweetest and kindest! They made us feel right at home! The manager was so helpful! The view from the room is right on the river and its so peaceful and quit! My husband and I will definitely be back to stay at the pink motel! The rooms are very very clean!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tawas City, Michigan
Reviewed 19 April 2014

A friend in Americus, GA, recommended this motel in Cherokee for a stop on our way home to Michigan after a winter in the South. She had stayed there when she was a girl and went back when she could. What a jewel! !intended to stay 2 nights and ended up staying for 4! This is classic vintage, right down to old-fashioned hospitality--and yes, pink. I even got a birthday card when they learned it was my birthday. The location is right next to the creek, with doors opening to a picnic area, and close to restaurants and other attractions. We were so happy that we could have our dogs stay with us at a nominal up-charge. The rooms are comfortable and immaculate. There aren't all the extras of classic 5-star reviews, but this experience was definitely 5 stars.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family