The Esmeralda Inn
Carter Lodge(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
Broad River Inn(Chimney Rock)
US$145
US$115
Riverside Lodge at Chimney Rock(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$157
Chimney Rock Inn(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
Falls Country Motel(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
Evening Shade River Lodge & Cabins(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$134
Agoda.com
Quality Inn(Black Mountain)
US$97
US$85
QualityInn
Best Western Hendersonville Inn(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
US$95
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake lureair hockeyoutdoor fireplacebroad riverchimney rock parklarge game roomlarge hot tubterrace roomshrimp and gritspicnic lunchfront porchdirty dancingget awayrocking chairstroutowners and staffmodern amenities
Reviewed 11 March 2011

My wife and I love to travel around NC and up the east coast, exploring small areas and Inns like the Esmeralda. But this was by far the nicest place we have ever been to! From the great fireplace to the pool table and game room, the views of Chimney Rock, we were in heaven. Not to mention, the dirty dancing dance floor! The attention to detail in this place is unbelievable. The food was wonderful and the owners graciously took the time to tell us about all the history in this establishment and town. The rooms are cozy with beds you could just melt into. After seeing a few comments on the quality of rooms I was skeptical, but my first hand experience proved me way wrong. Regardless, who goes to Chimney Rock to just sit around in their room anyway?? My wife and I will be sure to return soon, just in time for the new hot tub to go in!!! Thank you Esmeralda staff for this wonderful romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! The Esmeralda has such a rich history and we love to tell its story. I'm glad you enjoyed all the great features the Inn has to offer. Everyone likes the game room! The Spa area is expected to be complete in early to mid April. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 7 March 2011

I go to Lake Lure several times a year, and I also encourage friends to go and check this fabulous little town out. I have always stayed at the Lake Lure Inn and have always had a great stay. The Esmeralda Inn is very inviting from the outside so I decided to check it out online and book a room. It is nothing like the photos online. It was freezing cold and raining outside, NO fire going in the fireplace and it was freezing in the lobby, halls etc... No lights on like they were conserving power... so not comforting and all of the employees are creeeeeepy! Felt like I was in some horror movie! The room which was 150.00/night was so not worth it! The room was tiny,dark and very creepy! The food was horrible and wayyyyyy over priced! i do not recomment this place from now on i will never ever stay anywhere but the Lake Lure Inn where it is inviting and the food is great!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank jennjenn30
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

It's always difficult to respond to a review like this one. If a guest arrives very late, the lights in the lobby are dimmed; and of course there wouldn't be a fire in the hearth if no one is there to tend to it. We can't control the weather, but if the wind was raging and rain was pelting the windows, I suppose it could be a little "creepy" a night. But to attack a staff of people who are decidedly NOT creepy, the lovely rooms, and to describe food that gets rave reviews as "horrible", is interesting. I would suggest looking at the dozens of wonderful reviews and draw your own conclusions.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Came here for one night with my spouse as a local get away. We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay. Not only was the room nice (good size and furnished well with amnenities) but a lot of extras included like bottled water, chocolate toffee, good wireless internet in the room, wine and cheese in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're located less than an hour from Asheville, a couple of hours from Charlotte and Greenville. Just far enough from home to feel like you escaped for a weekend! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to make every guest's visit a memorable one. We believe the extra touches are what makes that happen. We hope you'll visit again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Had a wonderful anniversary with my wife here.Staff was great, room was clean, food was good and the bed was amazing. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We like to think we're the ideal place to come for special occassions like anniversaries, so it's gratifying when our guests agree! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed 31 January 2011

From the moment we entered the Inn, everyone was so eager to make our stay more enjoyable. The lobby and fireplace were so nice / comfortable to sit and relax, and the game room on the 2nd floor was a nice treat as well. We truly enjoyed the look and feel of the inn, and the hospitality of every employee we met. Our room was beautiful and we slept like babies on the very cozy/comfy king bed. The complementary wine and cheese that evening was a very nice way for guests to mingle. We also had dinner during our stay, which was fantastic. My fiancé and I are kind of picky eaters, and the chef was wonderful enough to accommodate our changes to various meals. We were also surprised to have the chef greet us at our table after the meal, which we both felt was a wonderful gesture. All in all, the Esmeralda Inn exceeded my expectations and the staff / owners were so wonderful and accommodating that we will definitely be returning for another visit. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you so much for your review. We try to accommodate special requests when possible. I'm glad we could make your stay so enjoyable. Chef Sean takes making his guests happy very seriously. And he truly enjoys meeting those guests and talking with them when he can leave the kitchen for a few minutes!

The Lobby and fireplace are wonderful! Especially now, with so much cold! It's a pleasure to see people enjoying the fire and the company of other guests. It gives us a chance to chat and get to know you better.

We're glad you enjoyed you stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.