The Esmeralda Inn
Chimney Rock Inn(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$111
Travelocity
Carter Lodge(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$129
Travelocity
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa(Lake Lure)(Great Value!)
US$151
Hotwire.com
Quality Inn(Black Mountain)
US$97
QualityInn
Best Western Hendersonville Inn(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
Ramada Hendersonville(Hendersonville)
US$75
Hampton Inn Hendersonville(Hendersonville)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$131
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Fox Run Resort(Lake Lure)
Priceline
All reviewslake lureair hockeyoutdoor fireplacebroad riverchimney rock parklarge game roomlarge hot tubterrace roomshrimp and gritspicnic lunchfront porchdirty dancingget awayrocking chairstroutowners and staffmodern amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Last weekend our grandson got married and we were at The Esmeralda Inn for two days. Our experience from the start was one of relaxation, being made to feel at home. Our room was most comfortable and supplied with fluffey towels and bed linens that were crisp and clean. The food was certainly delicious and well prepared. The staff was outstanding.
We look for another opportunity when we are in the area to be a guest again at The Esmeralda Inn.
Ruth & Don Storms

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Thank you so much for your kind review! We had such a good time with the whole wedding party. We always want our guests to feel at home and welcome. This is our "home" and we truly enjoy sharing it with such nice people.
We hope you find that opportunity to return soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2011

My Family and I spent 3 days. We were there for my daughters wedding. Had rehearsal dinner in the dinning room. The food was so good and the service was great. Everyone was so nice and so helpful. Having the game room for all the kids & parents able to hang out and play games together was wonderful. We also had the gameroom area for the day of the wedding for everyone to get there hair and makeup done. All in all the Esmeralda made our stay and my daughters wedding a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Marlene94

It was a pleasure having your family stay with us. The Inn is the ideal place for a small wedding and the festivities that go with it. I'm glad you had a good time and that we could help make it a special time for all of you.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always gratifying when we see that we've succeeded in making our guests feel at home!
Come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2011

I'm not sure where the previous reviewer stayed, but creepy is not an accurate description. I'm currently in a wonderful room with great linens and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The staff is welcoming and inviting. All the hallways were lit and warm. There was a fire going most of the day and I spent a good amount of time reading in front of it. The room is clean, the bathroom is immaculate and there's a wonderful game room on the second floor. The continental breakfast isn't the best, but it's the off-season. The staff is so helpful and remembered our name and preferences. This is a great place to stay in Lake Lure. The Broad River is across the street and can be heard from the front porch. Can't say much better.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

My wife and I love to travel around NC and up the east coast, exploring small areas and Inns like the Esmeralda. But this was by far the nicest place we have ever been to! From the great fireplace to the pool table and game room, the views of Chimney Rock, we were in heaven. Not to mention, the dirty dancing dance floor! The attention to detail in this place is unbelievable. The food was wonderful and the owners graciously took the time to tell us about all the history in this establishment and town. The rooms are cozy with beds you could just melt into. After seeing a few comments on the quality of rooms I was skeptical, but my first hand experience proved me way wrong. Regardless, who goes to Chimney Rock to just sit around in their room anyway?? My wife and I will be sure to return soon, just in time for the new hot tub to go in!!! Thank you Esmeralda staff for this wonderful romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! The Esmeralda has such a rich history and we love to tell its story. I'm glad you enjoyed all the great features the Inn has to offer. Everyone likes the game room! The Spa area is expected to be complete in early to mid April. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 7 March 2011

I go to Lake Lure several times a year, and I also encourage friends to go and check this fabulous little town out. I have always stayed at the Lake Lure Inn and have always had a great stay. The Esmeralda Inn is very inviting from the outside so I decided to check it out online and book a room. It is nothing like the photos online. It was freezing cold and raining outside, NO fire going in the fireplace and it was freezing in the lobby, halls etc... No lights on like they were conserving power... so not comforting and all of the employees are creeeeeepy! Felt like I was in some horror movie! The room which was 150.00/night was so not worth it! The room was tiny,dark and very creepy! The food was horrible and wayyyyyy over priced! i do not recomment this place from now on i will never ever stay anywhere but the Lake Lure Inn where it is inviting and the food is great!

6  Thank jennjenn30
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2011

It's always difficult to respond to a review like this one. If a guest arrives very late, the lights in the lobby are dimmed; and of course there wouldn't be a fire in the hearth if no one is there to tend to it. We can't control the weather, but if the wind was raging and rain was pelting the windows, I suppose it could be a little "creepy" a night. But to attack a staff of people who are decidedly NOT creepy, the lovely rooms, and to describe food that gets rave reviews as "horrible", is interesting. I would suggest looking at the dozens of wonderful reviews and draw your own conclusions.