My husband and I escaped to the mountains amid end-of-semester craziness at our schools, just needing to slow down and breathe. We could not have been happier with our stay at the Esmeralda Inn. Our room was well-appointed, upscale without being snooty, with a spa-like bathroom and an incredibly comfy bed. The sound of the river from the front porch and the beautiful landscaping added to our experience and provided the serenity we needed. The crowning experience for us, however, was the 9-course tasting menu in the restaurant. We were the first to try it since it had only just been introduced and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for excellent food that appeals to all the senses--each course was beautifully presented and incorporated a variety of tastes, scents, and textures that made the whole event exciting and satisfying. Bring a bottle of wine. The staff members in the hotel and in the restaurant were attentive, friendly, and welcoming. The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant was the perfect retreat for us and for anyone in need of peace. Go. Now. Eat. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock