“One of a kind”
Review of The Esmeralda Inn

The Esmeralda Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chimney Rock
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a lovely Inn with one of a kind charm. Extremely comfortable beds with high quality linens. Accommodating staff and good food. Stands out as the best in Chimney Rock.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary0212
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Thank you for your review! The Inn has a long history, which adds to its charm. We always hope our guests will enjoy all special touches. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please come again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

The Esmeralda has wonderful, wonderful customer service! We were thrilled with the staff, from front desk to wait staff and even the owners, everyone wanted to cater to us. Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2012
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for the great review! It's our goal to make every guest's stay as enjoyable as possible.
We have a great staff. Everyone here is dedicated to making The Esmeralda a wonderful place to stay. We really enjoy our guests and always try to be as accommodating as we can. I'm glad you had a good time.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My daughter's wedding and reception was held at the Esmeralda a few weekends ago and everything was just fabulous! The venue was outstanding, the food was incredible and the service was amazing. Guests at event are still commenting on the lovely wedding and reception. I am so glad that we chose the Esmeralda for our special day. My daughter continues to rave about her "dream wedding". Thank you to the woderful staff for making our stay and day so very special.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy H

Thank you so much for the great review! We very much enjoyed having your family and friends with us. It was a lovely wedding. I'm glad everyone had a good time and took home many good memories, not only of the wedding, but of our Inn as well.

We hope you will all come back many times!

Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

After a few days in Asheville my boyfriend surprised me with a romantic side trip to chimney rock. I loved our stay. It was comfortable, clean and surprising modern. The rooms had luxurious sheets and towels, the bed was amazingly comfortable. While keeping its southern cabin feel you have all the comforts of modern day life with free wifi and plasma tv with all the channels. Just to top off a great experience thu have a fabulous restaurant, wine and cheese hour daily, a new beautiful hot tub with a view of the mountains. I could go on. Thanks again! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2012
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for the great review!
I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised! It's the little touches that make any place special. Our beds are wonderful and going the extra step with the linens makes a huge difference. We all take a great deal of pride in making The Esmeralda special. We love it when our guests enjoy all the extra touches and amenities that the Inn provides.

We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We all just recently stayed at the Esmeralda Inn for a wedding. We loved sleeping with the window open and listening to the sounds of the river. It was also a gorgeous view out the window as well. The room was a bit small, (a one bed - a VERY VERY comfortable bed at that) but it was perfect for what we needed. A nice up to date clean room and bathroom. We also had Direct TV in our room so that was a nice touch and an incredible Bose alarm clock radio / sound system.

The staff was accommodating and friendly. By the end of the three day trip they knew each of us and what room everyone was in ... sometimes I could even ask if they had seen the bride or someone else in the wedding party and they could point me in the right direction! Amazing.
They also had a great game room which was a nice place for people to gather and spend time together, but not feel crammed in someones room. The kitchen off the game room was especially a nice touch. They also had a jacuzzi and fire pit but I was so busy all weekend we did not have a chance to take advantage - but I know others did!

The wedding rehearsal dinner and reception were at the restaurant and I can not stress enough how amazing this food was. Rehearsal dinner was a pig roast with tons a fabulous sides and desserts. The reception had a AMAZING southern lasagna which I couldn't get enough of - and I'm a picky eater.

Thank you Esmeralda Inn and Staff ... you made my friends wedding not only a fun wedding, but a fun vacation get away too!!! :)

Room Tip: We had room number 5 ... or 105 We kept the window open all night and enjoyed the sounds of the rive...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! It is hard to beat our views, and the sounds of the river.
Some of our rooms are not large, but as you said, the beds are VERY comfortable. We have a great staff that takes pride in keeping the rooms spotless.
We really enjoy wedding groups and business groups that have the whole house and stay awhile. It gives us a chance to get to know you and for you to get to know us. We think of the Inn as home and want our guests to feel the same. Having family and friends all together helps that happen!
I'm glad you enjoyed the game room. Maybe next visit, you'll have time for the Jacuzzi!
We think we have the best Restaurant in the Gorge, of course we are a little prejudiced, but it really is the best! Doing something special for groups is always an option.

It was great having your group with us. I hope you'll all come again!

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

We loved our room (number 10) as it offered great views of Chimney Rock and the mountains. We loved opening the windows and hearing the sound of the nearby river. The room had all the modern conveniences and the bed was so comfortable! We loved the game room area on the second floor. We also enjoyed breakfast both mornings we were there. Be sure to try the yogurt granola parfait. We had dinner at the Inn once while we were there which was good but not as good as we expected based on reviews we had read on TripAdvisor prior to our stay. As far as the Inn staff goes, we had hoped they would engage in conversation with us since that is what we like as of a B&B/Inn experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review! It's hard to beat the views and room 10, the Premium View King room, has the best in the house. The river outside the window is a nice added touch. I'm glad you enjoyed the game room. The views from there are great too!

Chef Michael makes the yogurt for those great parfaits in house. We are commited to providing the freshest and best prepared food in the Gorge.

All of our staff are encouraged to engage with our guests. There is always a fine line between being friendly and attentive and intruding. We very much enjoy talking with our guests and getting to know them, but we also make every effort to allow our guests their privacy as well.

We hope you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Esmeralda to celebrate a dear friend's wedding. The staff were amazing, the rooms were comfortable, and the outdoor areas were beautiful! I can't say enough about how welcomed we felt and how relaxed we were when we left. I would recommend the Esmeralda for a weekend getaway or a formal wedding. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review! It was such a pleasure having all of you with us. We really enjoy having wedding parties stay with us. We think of The Esmeralda as home, and when we have a house full of family and friends, celebrating something as special as a wedding, it's really fun!

The Wedding Arbor was such a lovely background for the ceremony. It's new this year and we had a lovely elopement ceremony earlier, but we were very excited to have the first sizeable event there. I'm glad it was such a success!

We hope you'll be back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chimney Rock
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
The Windsor Boutique Hotel
The Windsor Boutique Hotel
#1 of 68 in Asheville

Been to The Esmeralda Inn? Share your experiences!