After three days in Asheville, we arrived at The Esmeralda to explore some natural beauty and slow down a bit. The lodge is decorated to rustic perfection and impeccably clean. The service and attention we received was top notch. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The breakfast provided was certainly a step above most hotel chain continental offerings. I especially appreciated the fresh fruit. Consider enjoying your breakfast on the 2nd floor balcony. It is a great way to start your day with gorgeous views of Chimney Rock.
While we did take advantage of the game room one evening, it was the Esmeralda's beautiful patio that was the star of our stay. We visited off season and had very few neighbors in the inn. We had the patio and a beautiful, inviting fire all to ourselves. It was fantastic! We found Chimney Rock and Lake Lure to be pretty dead in the evening so we were thrilled that the Esmeralda offered us plenty of options to occupy our time after the sun went down.
While we would certainly recommend The Esmeralda, I would suggest that guests request a room with plenty of natural light and a view. Our room was lacking both. Upon reflection, we wish we had paid more for a different room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock