“Try red pepper soup & prime rib sandWich”

Medina's Village Bistro
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Chimney Rock
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A full service casual gourmet dining experience for everyone. We cater to individual needs on a daily basis. Call ahead takeout
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Medina's was recommended to me by a local massage therapist I saw earlier in the day. She said she always hears good things about their food & what she heard was right! Roasted red pepper soup was amazing! Husband had prime rib sandwich and raved about how delicious it was. Coleslaw was awesome too. Chicken salad sandwich was also a great choice... actually I don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu!

There are newer reviews for Medina's Village Bistro

Reviewed 14 October 2013

While in Chimney Rock/Lake Lure, we had the opportunity to choose 5 meals. Lunch the first day, after a disappointing breakfast at another local place, was terrific. Not only was outdoor seating available and pretty private, but the service outside was great! The menu featured delicious sandwiches, entrees, and microbrews, as well as "regular" beers and soft drinks. There were at least five bread choices for your yummy sandwich meats, and at least 6 sides to go along with them. The aroma inside the place was enough to make you drool. My turkey, bacon and cheese was juicy and fresh, and my husband's chicken salad had dried cranberries mixed in, he ate every tiny bit!

Throw in a charming wait staff, and you have the makings of a great meal. Planning to hit Medina's for breakfast tomorrow; heard about their legendary cinnamon rolls; and I just HAVE to see those for myself!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Very yummy, almost gourmet sandwiches with an awesome view of Chimney Rock. We had a great, chill waitress who was fantastic with my small child. Would recommend!

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is served until 10:30 per website. Well, it's 10:15 and they said breakfast is over and it will be 45min to an hour before lunch is served. We were also turned away last night around 5pm because they said they were catching up???? This place needs to get it together.

4  Thank biggdave92
MedinasRocks, Owner at Medina's Village Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your review. Leaf season is an extremely busy time of the year to visit Chimney Rock. We stop serving breakfast on the weekends at 10 o'clock a.m.
This past weekend you have visited, there were 3 or 4 restaurants in the village that were closed for various reasons. Because of this, we were overloaded with guests. I apologize that you were not able to sample any of our delicious food. We encourage everyone in a rush to visit elsewhere.
We are not a fast food restaurant, although most of the time the food is delivered within 10 minutes. Most of our guests are extremely understanding and have the patience for us to get prepared in order to give them quality food with excellent service.
We will not sacrifice quality. cleanliness or service in order to turn another table. At Medina's we strive for excellence and anything less is unacceptable.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We walked into the Village knowing from previous reviews we wanted to dine at Medina's. We are so very glad we took reviewers advice!. It was a lovely evening, so outside dining was a great option. The waitresses at this Bistro are sweet and enthusiastic about the menu. They really like the Chef/owners and let you know they only cook what is in season and fresh! There is a nice wine and beer selection to go with any dish.
We started with the Fresh Horseradish and Cheese spread appetizer. It was really good. We ordered off the dinner special list and soup or salad is included and either a starch or vegetable comes with the dish. My husband ordered the New England style chowder and it was excellent. I enjoyed a nice light salad with house dressing. My husband enjoyed the scallop with Marinara sauce over thin spaghetti and it was enough for two. The sauce was tasty and had a little zip. I ordered the chicken with Cappatavi (sp) and again, excellent and enough for two. Hubby had a beer and I enjoyed a Pino Noir. We ended up ordering a bottle and enjoying another glass with dinner and then having the owner cork it to take back to our hotel. Desert was not an option and I feel we might have missed out.
A little treat was a black bear came to the side of the restaurant looking for dinner. Most people thought the bear was cute, but being from farm country I was grateful my husband had a very strong flashlight to shine in his eyes to "Yogi's" dismay. Walking back to the hotel with a bag of leftovers made for entertainment.
We returned the next morning for tea and coffee, but were still full from dinner. Breakfast looked gooood. Highly recommend this Bistro!
BTW, without the bottle of wine, before the tip, our dinner would have been $53.00. Exceptional value.