“Old property with limited appeal, but immaculately clean!”
Review of Chimney Rock Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chimney Rock
Chimney Rock Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chimney Rock
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I needed a bed and a shower, I didn't need the Taj Mahal. I got my bed and my shower What's not to love? And I got a little "Bates Motel" funky vibe in the bargain. Sheets were scratchy but everything was clean as a whistle... Pricey for what it is but it fit the bill.

Room Tip: Get one of the cabins...the rooms are a bit too exposed...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mikey2032

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Chimney Rock Inn at Lake Lure, NC for about the 6th time over the past several years this weekend. As always, a clean, comfortable and calming atmosphere. You can sit on the huge deck and while playing checkers and have the most gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains and a perfect view of the Chimney Rock itself. A walk across the street you can enjoy a very nice food and beverage venue called the Tiki Hut. We also, had a great time for several hours fishing on the river. My wife and I had an absolutely great time reeling in the fish (catch and release of course). Photo attached of the monster trout. I highly reccommend the Chimney Rock Inn for value, service, cleanliness and convenience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay R
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We were nearby Chimney Rock this weekend visiting family. We had stayed at one of the CR Inn rooms 2 years ago but our teenage boys are now "adult-size" and we needed a bit more room than those rooms (w/ 2 DB beds) provide. We stayed in the Daisy Double. It is in a separate building ("cottage") on the first floor. There is a full kitchen, small bathroom with shower (no tub), and a large sitting area & queen bed. There is a queen pull-out sofa in the sitting room. The area is very spacious and was perfect for what we needed. The first night there was no one above us. The second night there was. While we could hear footsteps when they were walking, we couldn't hear any talking/noise and they did not disturb us. We could not hear any road noise. There are some trees buffering the cottage from the road. Had we had the windows open I'm sure we could have heard some but not a problem this trip at all!

The only negative was the pull-out sofa is older. My sons said they could feel the bars when in bed. There are 2 egg crate mattresses on the sofa mattress but they can only do so much. Then with the age of the sofa sleeper, every move made while laying on the sleeper the frame made a lot of noise. While it didn't bother our sons (they went right to sleep), it was distracting for my husband & I since we were not asleep yet. It is enough to wake you up in the middle of the night if you are a light sleeper or having trouble going to sleep. I did tell the owners...figured they wouldn't know if someone didn't tell them. I'm sure they don't sleep on that sofa! :-)

Overall, I'd go back to the CR Inn and I would stay in the Daisy Double again!! Perfect for our needs. Hopefully they'll have a new sofa sleeper next time or I'll take extra sleeping medicine! ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mlelliott
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I really had no idea how this place would be, but we stayed at a cabana on the lake. We had so much room, everything was clean, we stayed easter weekend and we did an easter egg hunt inside. Great place for a great price.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank TracyLynn627
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Reasonalby priced, older motel. Not anything modern about it but that is some of it's charm. Very close to Chimney Rock Village. Street noise did not affect our sleep but it is noticeable when awake. They do a reasonable job of making an older place pleasant. Close to several restaurants...probably best to drive to most.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 21degree
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Over the last 15 years or so, we have stayed several times in the small but clean rooms at this cute little motel in Chimney Rock. The rates are unbelievably low and the views are wonderful from the spacious deck that runs arcross the entire front of the motel. The owners are friendly, helpful folks and maintain the most beautiful, colorful flowerbeds tucked in and about the property. Last December we had five in our party so decided to rent one of their cottages, as it was a little cheaper than renting two rooms at around $59 per night. The cottage was cute as button, roomy and sparkling clean and at less than $120 per night, very reasonable. The inn is located not too far from "downtown" Chimney Rock and is quiet and peaceful; since it is high on a hill, there is relatively little noise from the traffic below. We had actually planned on leaving early the next morning to drive to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville to enjoy our annual Christmas visit and have breakfast there, but enjoyed Chimney Rock so much we had breakfast in town and visited a few shops before we headed to Asheville for a late lunch by way of the winding and scenic highway through Hickory Nut Gorge. There were no crowds in the village of Chimney Rock that day and the weather was perfect. We enjoyed ourselves so much we vowed to start another Christmas tradition and spend a weekend at the Chimney Rock Inn in December of 2012. This is not "luxury lodging" by any means, but we love this little place and are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms in the motel are a bit small, most with two doubles in each, but are sparkling clean...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WorthSC
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Very nicely furnished and decorated inn. Clean. Lots of room for 6 females. Good service. Extra towels and toiletries supplied quickly. Beautiful landscape with river in back. Not much room for parking. Located close to a loud bar.

• Stayed: August 2012
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Fibber MaGee's Riverfront Inn
Fibber MaGee's Riverfront Inn
#2 of 5 in Chimney Rock

Been to Chimney Rock Inn? Share your experiences!