“Serenity!”

River House at Chimney Rock
Ranked #1 of 5 Chimney Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My partner & I enjoyed a one night stay in the "Dirty Dancing" suite. Rondi, the owner, was so accommodating in recommending this suite because it had it's own deck overlooking the river - we slept with the screen door open to sounds of the water flowing! Rondi stayed up waiting for our late arrival. The suite is small but perfect! It is clean and beautifully decorated. We awakened at 8:30 to coffee and breakfast - cooked in the beautiful kitchen upstairs and served in the dining room by Crissi - who tries to please everyone. We had scrambled eggs, muffin and sausage was available your desired. I had a great morning jog all around Chimney Rock and into Lake Lure - I could live here & that's a statement from someone who loves the beach......but here you have it all - the beauty of nature, a quiet peaceful town along with rivers and lakes! We will return:)

Room Tip: The rocky bridge suite is a great room with king bed located in the main part of the house - nice sp...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Rondi J, Owner at River House at Chimney Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

I felt the same way you did the first time I visited Chimney Rock/Lake Lure! "I could live here" and I am also from the beach! So glad you enjoyed the Dirty Dancing Room and thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We appreciate it more than you know!! Come again!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have had the range of experiences with Bed and Breakfasts...so I am always a little bit leery of reserving one. However, I breathed deep and made reservations for myself and four Brazilian guests. Rondi, the owner, could not have been any more helpful....she has a variety of rooms, and she worked with me to make sure we had EXACTLY what we needed to accommodate everyone! The breakfasts..holy cow, we all gained weight eating that delicious food!
It's a must-go-to.....we'll be back!!

Room Tip: Talk to Rondi!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank drpclarke

It was the most fun having you and your amazing Brazilian principals stay with us! What a great group of women you all are! Bring your hubby next time! Hope to see you again and thank you for the great review! It means the world to us!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable 3 days at River House. We stayed in the Bella Room and were very comfortable. The breakfasts that were served were all delicious. We were in walking distance of the town and within driving distance of Black Mountain and Dupont State Park that has wonderful hiking and water falls to view. Rondi, the owner, was very gracious and accommodating even arranging for cake and ice cream for my husband's birthday. River House will definitely be on our list to do again.
Elaine H

Room Tip: If you want additional privacy ask for the Bella room or the other outside room. These are attached...
1  Thank Elaine H

Just loved having you all stay with us and enjoyed the birthday celebration and appreciate your hubby helping me with my dining room keyless entry door! Come again anytime! :) Rondi

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The River House B&B this past weekend for a wedding in Chimney Rock and had an AMAZING time! The view from our room (Rocky Broad Suite) was spectacular and the location is perfect if you want to be close to the coffee shops, retail stores, and Chimney Rock park. We woke up every morning to a delicious breakfast prepared by Rondi and Jay and loved being able to have our meal on the deck while listening to the river below. Rondi certainly helped to create a memorable weekend for us and we will certainly be back to visit! Thank you for everything!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We loved having you both stay with us for the wedding and so glad you had fun! Come again soon! Rondi Jennings

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at The River House B&B so much! The breakfast was delicious! We were in walking distance to downtown Chimney Rock and in less than 5 minutes you can be in Lake Lure renting a boat/kayak or canoe. We reserved 3 rooms: Lake Lure Room, Mountain View Room and River Top Room also known as the Rivertop Suite when rented all together. These rooms have a door that shuts them off from the rest of the house and you have your own bathroom, which worked out great for my family. My sons each had a room and we had a room - it was just like being at home! Listening to the river right outside the window was an added bonus!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank EHEdge

We are so happy your family enjoyed the River House so much! It always makes us so happy to read a review like yours. Our number one goal is to make folks feel like they have "Friends with an Inn" in Chimney Rock. Please visit us again! Rondi Jennings

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was looking for a last minute place to stay in the Lake Lure/Chimney Rock area for just one night of the Labor Day weekend for my husband and I to "get away". We found the River House B&B and sent a msg to the owner, Rondi, inquiring on availability. Rondi returned my call and although they had no openings at the B&B; she mentioned her cottage across the river; the Little River House. We agreed to try it. SO GLAD WE DID! Rondi was out of town but she gave me Chrissy's phone number and Chrissy met us at the cottage and made sure we were settled in before leaving us. We absolutely loved it! The location was perfect; just a 5 minute walk to Chimney Rock park entrance and all the little shops; but it was secluded also! We enjoyed sitting on the rocks, listening to the river; and eating at Medina's! It was just wonderful. We hated to leave. We will DEFINITELY be returning - thinking of bringing our 2 grandchildren next time! THANK YOU RONDI!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen G
Rondi J, Owner at River House at Chimney Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you so much for the great review of the Little River House! The LRH is my husband and my personal bungalow and we have had fun fixing it up and enjoyed staying there so much when the main RH is completely full. We look forward to doing even more renovatioins....knocking out the back windows, puttiing in french doors, and another riverfront deck. So happy you enjoyed it and hopefully, I will get to meet you next time you visit. I, unfortunately, was recovering from surgery. Come again soon! Warm regards, Rondi Jennings

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We (2 couples) wanted to visit the Lake Lure area. It was last minute and we couldn't find two rooms at the same location. We happened upon the Little River House which is owned by the River House at Chimney Rock and used by the owner when at the property. Lucky for us. The cottage across from the main facility was clean, quiet and we could enjoy the rushing water all night long. There are 3 big flat screens which we never had on, and a kitchen which is fine for cooking or warming up what you bring. The support people are super and took care of us as we checked-in with local info and color on where to go and what to do. Mostly we wanted to have a glass of wine and sit by the stream and listen to the sounds of nature. One block, across the one lane bridge, and you have restaurants and stores, a plenty, to choose from.

Room Tip: One bedroom with twin beds and one with a double.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

We were so happy to have you all stay at the Little River House which is actually our personal bungalow. We are always happy when we are away if someone else can enjoy it like we do! Please come again anytime! Rondi Jennings

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chimney Rock
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Fibber MaGee's Riverfront Inn
Fibber MaGee's Riverfront Inn
#2 of 5 in Chimney Rock

Been to River House at Chimney Rock? Share your experiences!