“Convenient Location for Visit to Clayton”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clayton
San Diego
“Convenient Location for Visit to Clayton”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Room was relatively large with both sitting and sleeping areas. Sitting area has a microwave, refrigerator and sofa bed. Bedroom had king size bed and flat screen TV. Bathroom was rather small.

Room is starting to show signs of wear--hole in fabric of sofa bed, marks on the hallway wall, lamp had a faulty switch (reported to staff upon checking out), fixture in tub was loose, and bathroom door nearly hits toilet when opening door.

Breakfast had good variety with hot and cold items. Staff was friendly when checking in and out of hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
COMFORTSUITESNC302, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clayton, responded to this review, 3 December 2014
Thank you for your feedback and concerns regarding your last stay in Clayton. We are delighted to inform you we made improvements and repairs to our rooms and would love to have you stay with us us.

Please call us at 919-553-1234 to make reservations.

Warm regards,

Comfort Suites Clayton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

It is ok if you need a cheap stay close. It is very close to restaurants. Room is ok, shower had a very slow drain. Front desk folks do not speak when you come in and are busy on their cell phones. A 16.9 oz bottle of water was $2.50, outrageous. Breakfast is ok, make your own waffles . Irons leak water so beware.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
COMFORTSUITESNC302, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Clayton, responded to this review, 3 December 2014
The staff and management of Comfort Suites Clayton take pride in our position in providing best possible service to our guests and treat them all with dignity and respect. We glad to hear a positive response.

We hope you stay with us again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went to visit relatives in Clayton and spent the night in this wonderful hotel. We stayed in the King Suite, the bed was big and comfortable and the sleeper sofa was acceptable. The room was clean, large and spacious; the T.V could be seen from the bed or the sofa. I am giving the hotel 5 stars, however I do have one complaint that the hotel staff had no control over. I went to breakfast around 9:00 a.m. (on Sunday morning) and the breakfast room was packed with people, we had to take our breakfast back to our room to eat it. Some of the guest were very rude, reaching over your shoulders and/or pushing you to the side to get to the counter where the food was located. Other than that our stay was very enjoyable and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I checked into the Comfort Suites on March 13th around 10:30pm. When I and my 2 small children walked into the room I noticed a cigarette on the floor (per advertisement this is suppose to be a smoke free property). I tried calling the front desk from the hotel’s phone but was not able to do so because the phone was not working. I had to use my cellular phone to call the front desk to inform them that I do not smoke,and that there was a cigarette butt in my room on the floor and that the phones in the room did not work.

As we prepared to shower the door handle for the bathroom door came off, we left it on to of the table in the room. We were unable to shower in complete privacy because the door didn’t close. Then I realized the room’s entry door did not lock and anyone could have walked into my room with me and my small children at anytime, so I used latched the top of the door to attempt to keep my children safe for the short while we were there. I did not want to room change room because it was late, my children were already in bed and we were only going to be there a few hours.

The next morning I told the front desk person about all the problems:

• Door did not lock (anyone could have come into my room at any time)
• Phone did not work (had to use my cell phone to make call
• Cigarette in room (my oldest son has asthma)
• Broken door handle (no privacy in the restroom)

The front desk person changed my room immediately (around 6:00am), I was scheduled to stay 2 nights but I was uneasy about the entire situation so I took all of my belongings at 6:00am when we left. I called the hotel when I got off from work at 4:30pm to inform them that I was very uncomfortable, did not feel safe, and I would not be returning. I ask not to be charged but Mr. Johnson stated I was going to be charge whether I came back or not.

The General Manger, Marty Johnson, was very rude and appeared to be upset. He was confrontation over the phone with me yelling that I would be charge for both nights. I don’t like confrontation so I said okay to get off the phone with him. This was not my first time ever staying in a hotel I’m aware of the rules, but I don’t feel I should be force to stay in a place I don’t feel safe especially with my children.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosilyn Y
MARTY J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clayton, responded to this review, 29 May 2013

In regarding to this complaint: The claimant is making false claims for the following reasons: 1. Claimant obtain an employee rate a rate plan she was not entitled too. 2. Hotel reservation was made at the Choice Hotel employee rate instead of the normal rate of $94.99. 3. Claimant was not an employee of Choice Hotel .

The Employee Discount Program (SED) is extended to employees and owners for leisure travel for individuals who are employed with Choice Hotels. On 3/14/13 guest called the hotel after 5pm stating she on her way back to check out. The desk clerk advised guest she will be charged for the day since check out was 11am.

As she began to yell and scream at the desk clerk he transferred guest to the General Manger. The GM advised guest her reservation was made at an employee rate; therefore if she was an employee of Choice Hotels she should know the policies and procedures regarding a hotel stay. Guest began to yell and scream when the GM asked for her property information.

GM contacted the hotel that issued the employee rate and was advised by Charles Cilliers, GM of Comfort Suites Bluffton SC253, guest was not an employee nor did she ever work for his company.

Mr. Cilliers also added the reservation link was misused by one of his employee which he is looking into. GM then advised guest the manager from the hotel which reservation was made from stated she was not employee at his property. She then hung up and called back to discuss the “problems” with her room.

GM advised her he will look into her concern and again stated she was not entitled to an employee rate. The following morning the GM and Head Housekeeper inspected the room(s) guest alleged to have problems in and found nothing.

Guest then contacted Choice Hotels “Customer Relations” regarding her stay. The matter was closed when notified she was NOT an employee of Choice Hotels. Guest then attempted to dispute the charge with her credit card company stating she did not stay which her claim was denied.

Guest made a hotel reservation at the employee rate a rate she was not entitled. Our normal rate is $94.99 plus tax the rate guest should have been charged for. These claims made by this guest are 100% false. We value the feedback and comments from our guests and strive to meet their expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Clayton hotels

New York
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nice, fairly new hotel. Everything was done nicely, it just seemed that the hotel was missing that nice extra touch. The door to the elevator equipment room was open our entire three night stay with a portable fan inside the room blowing out. The breakfast people were not friendly. Little things like that. Our room was considered a suite, but it was small for a suite. Two queen beds, a small half partition, a small sofa and the bathroom. Only one large television that could be viewed from either the bedroom or sofa. I will stay closer to 95 next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaBell49
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We traveled to Clayton NC to look at houses for our upcoming move to the area. Everyone at the hotel were very nice and very accommodating to our needs. Rooms were clean and nice sized even with a 5 and 6 yr old running around, it never felt too cramped. Having the Sleeper sofa was a nice bonus especially when one child kicks the other out of bed (literally).

Breakfast was overall good. decent selection of items. This was the 1st Hot Hotel breakfast we have had that had bacon, most only do sausage, so that was a nice change of pace.

the Clayton area is awesome and the people are so welcoming and nice.

We look forward to our move there in a year or so, and will be staying at this hotel on our many visits to look at houses etc...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stayed 2 nights Feb 1 - Feb 3 while attending a funeral. The hotel was very clean. The 2 queen bed rooms are spacious with a sofa and microwave and refrigerator. The hotel was very quiet.
The breakfast was minimum. They had waffles which you make (that was good) eggs with cheese in them which everyone does not like. They did not offer any fruit. They ran out of 2% milk and this was at 7:30 am.
The hotel is located off of hwy 70 which has a lot of fast food restaurants and stores. Biscuitville and Wells Fargo are walking distance. Walmart is about a 5 minute drive.
Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Holiday Inn Express Clayton
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Clayton I-40
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Garner
Super 8 Garner/Clayton/Raleigh
Hampton Inn Raleigh / Garner

Been to Comfort Suites Clayton? Share your experiences!