“What A DUMP!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clayton
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Extremely subpar and unclean, I was hesitant to even walk around barefooted! This horrid experience started when we were issued a mildew infested room upon arrival. I went to the front desk and was issued a room on the second floor that was dirty. The iton was still out from when the guest before were using it. There was also white residue on the desk in the hotel room and grime in the toilet and bath/shower area. I was even hesitant to take a shower. I waited until we checked out the next day and freshened up at a nearby relative's place. Highly unrecommended. Might as well go a little further up the street to Smithfield or Raleigh for adequate accomodationd

Room Tip: Book Elsewehere
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
COMFORTSUITESNC302, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clayton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and had made improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The pros: beautiful lobby and breakfast area. Spacious room, pretty decent clean environment. The staff for the most part were polite when we interacted with them. The location is very convenient for getting to/from the Raleigh area and the area is pretty quiet overall. Cons: Internet service here is NOT happening. We addressed this with the front desk staff and asked to be moved to a different location perhaps closer to the router and were refused. We were offered to use the hotel computer which I did and had zero luck getting anywhere quick. I needed computer access for work during this trip so it was quite disappointing. In addition to this, we struggled with phone service from our phones and I have a pretty reputable provider who I have never had issues getting service from even in very remote areas. Not sure what is blocking the signals in this location, but if they work on that, it would be wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

We have upgraded our internet service and also off FREE long distance in our room for guests who may have cell phone issues. We value your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here while visiting family in town. The rooms are more of a junior suite as they smaller and don't possess truly seperate living and sleeping quarters. Overall the room was clean with standard amenities. My only gripe was the wall mounted climate control unit directly next to the bed. Not horrible, but I don't like having a fan running next to my head while sleeping. Did appreciate the included breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback your recent stay at our hotel.

Comfort Suites Staff

Reviewed 27 May 2014

For the price of this hotel I expected it to be a little better.
The furniture in our room was ripped and the rug was very sticky. Not what I had the last time I stayed there, which was only one year before. The staff people were all very nice, I got the feeling they were doing all they could with what they had. Not sure who owns this hotel but I think it is time to spent a little money to upgrade and keep the rugs clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the room conditions on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our owners and we have made improvement to our room ensure we meeting our guests expectations.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Clayton.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We decided to stay here as it was five minutes away from some family we were visiting. The room and amenities were similar to most hotels of this ilk. However the main reason I'd give it 2 stars is the musty smell that was just over bearing in the room. I don't know if it was coming from the air conditioning but it was in 2 different rooms we were in. Also, there was no in room safe as well as rooms needing a general upgrade. He pull out couch in our room was torn and broken. Whilst we didn't need to use it, it was unsightly and was clearly jammed so nobody could sit on it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback and allow us to express how disappointed we are in our hotel in the service we provided

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel on your recent visit. This is not the image we like to protray to our guest which we had made all the improvement to our hotels. We hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and each time it seems the rates increase. My most recent stay (May 5, 2014) was the final straw with the regular rate of $105 being reduced only $5 with my AAA card. The hotel is always clean, staff has usually been friendly, but from now on I'll be staying 6 miles up the road in Garner where there are more hotels (and just as nice) and the prices are more reasonable. The desk clerk told me the prices at this hotel are as high as they are because it's the only hotel in Clayton - I'm sure that's true - and that to me is a good reason to stay in Garner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank steve511

Thank you for feedback on your stay while visiting Clayton. Our rates are set based the brand and other hotels in the surrounding area. Please visit Choicehotels.com or call our hotel directly at 919-553-1234 for discounts and specials.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Although this hotel was clean and attractive, there were several things about it that bothered us during our stay. The first thing I noticed was the musty smell. Not sure what it was, but from the time we stepped into the lobby, then elevator, then the 2nd floor hallway, the unplesant smell was there. Once in the room, we realized that our double beds did not seem like average size double beds at all, but rather, smaller than a double. The walls were "thin" and we could hear a baby crying and a small child running and talking next door until late at night, while we were trying to sleep. Our toilet flushed but then made this hideous grinding noise and soon it stopped up and would not flush at all. But...the thing that frustrated us the most was the clock in the room. It was not set correctly, but an hour behind, and not realizing that, we completely missed breakfast the next morning (and one of the main reasons we chose this hotel was because of the nice, hot breakfast). We should have checked the clock instead of assuming it was correct. Will never do that again! I do have to give kudos to Shirley, who I'm guessing was over housekeeping, for getting us yogurt, cereal, milk and juice even after we missed breakfast. She was great! We wouldn't stay again because we just didn't think it was worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LNJH

Thank you for feedback and I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. It sadden us that you would not stay with us again but we would love to have you back.

We like to make every effort possible to have you back with us so please give us a call at
919-553-1234 to discuss. We hope to hear from you soon.

Comfort Suites Managment

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clayton
Holiday Inn Express Clayton
Wingate by Wyndham Garner/Raleigh South
Sleep Inn Garner
Sleep Inn Garner
#7 of 9 in Garner

Been to Comfort Suites Clayton? Share your experiences!