“Really Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Monte de Rey

Monte de Rey
Ranked #19 of 69 Restaurants in Clemmons
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Really Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is the place for really good authentic Mexican food. Always cooked to order and it comes out hot and fresh. The service is very quick and the chips and dip is bottomless. I usually go with the nachos especial and the wife gets the nachos salad that comes in the big shell. The facilities are clean with a 99 grade as of last week. The best thing on the menu is the 32 oz Dos Equis dark with 2 slices of lime on the rim for $2.50. Boy does that go with the chips. Prices are very good and the servings are LARGE. If you leave there hungry, it is your own fault.

• Visited October 2013

Miami
“Best Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best Mexican tacos I have ever had!!!! They are authentic and delicious. The prices are reasonable and the plates are fairly large. I visit often when I'm in North Carolina.

• Visited June 2013
North Carolina
“Go There Regularly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Have enjoyed Monte de Rey after going to all the various Mexican restaurants in Clemmons for the past 16 years. We usually eat around 11:30 on Sunday after church. My wife usually orders the Pollo Loco; I go with the Fajitas Texanas or the Speciall Dinner (which is huge). Very busy at times; inconsistent wait staff attentiveness, drops this rating from a "5" to a "4." Nevertheless, we'll continue to eat there.

• Visited August 2013
Mocksville, North Carolina
“Phone calls more important than service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant three times and will not go back. The food is good, but not good enough to make up for the awful service. Our salsa was cold as were our chips. Our food took 45 minutes and wasn't hot. Other patrons arriving after us got their food sooner. Worst, our waiter stayed on the restaurant phone on a private call the whole time and never brought a check. I gave up and went to register to pay where he was standing still on the phone. I was waiting quietly for him to hang up when he said, "Are you going to pay your bill or what?" I said, "You never brought one." He walked off and left me standing there while still speaking in Spanish on the phone. Someone finally came to help me but couldn't get the computer (which he said was new) to work. Then couldn't get it to take a credit card. I offered cash but they couldn't figure out the change. Even after I gave him the amount he wouldnt trust me but refused to give me my money back so we could leave. No way I was leaving a $16 tip or any tip at all so I waited. After 20 minutes trying to pay I finally got out of there. Rude and incompetent staff will have this place out of business soon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DiddioMom
Lewisville, North Carolina
“extremely poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

We ordered two grilled fajita salads with grilled chicken.We sat for half an hour waiting on our food. Our waiter never stopped by to refill our empty drinks. My husband finally had to go ask the manager why our food was taking so long when other customers were being served. He went to check and five minutes later the manager came back with fajita salads with uncooked raw vegetables and cold chicken.They were terrible and we told the manager we did not want them. The waiter finally came and refilled sodas, but took the tea glass from one of our party and didn't come back with it until once again, my husband had to ask. The waiter was arrogant and mumbled something as we left. They were not going to take the salads off the bill until we asked. No apologies. This is the worst service we have EVER had.

Visited April 2013