“Easily Worst Place I've Stayed”
Review of Days Inn Clinton

Days Inn Clinton
Days Inn Clinton
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Clinton
Cartagena, Colombia
“Easily Worst Place I've Stayed”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I went here last year with my friend Maria. It was raining and the awful smell outside was dreadful, like nothing your nose has ever wanted to smell before or will again. The lady behind the counter told me it was pig slaughterhouse. The room was also bad by comparison to a lot places I've stayed in Colombia or Chile. A giant waste of time and money unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: To find a good room, don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Prince George
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Nothing special.The young man working behind the counter needs to work on his customer service skills. When asked by a guest regarding the name of a restaraunt he basically blew him off since he did not know. Didn't even offer to help find it out. Then when I asked about adding another night his first response was I can't do point reservations, instead of let me see what we have available. Just because the nights I booked were off points don't assume that it what my intent is. After mentioning that I was going to be paying for it he then looked. We opted not to stay the extra night and actually stayed an additional night elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 September 2012

After our stay here we determined if we came back to this area we'd rather pitch a tent in a field than stay in this dump. We ended up here because all the other hotel rooms were taken for Labor Day weekend and we booked and had to pay in advance for the entire stay before arrival. Ugh. When I arrived at 1:30 a.m. the room keys I was given did not work. Instead of just rekeying the keys in the computer again and trying that, the night desk clerk gave me his master key to use instead for the next three days! The master key? I could open any door I wanted (although I didn't).
The "dining" experience is pitiful. The rules are you can't take food out of the dining area during the continental breakfast time and it has to be eaten there. There are only three tables in the dining are plus very little food.
After my first nights stay my room wasn't serviced while we were out for the day. There were four of us in the room and when I arrived back at the hotel around 10:00 pm I informed the desk in person that my room hadn't been cleaned or serviced and that I'd need 4 sets of towels. 25 minutes later a guy showed up with only three sets of towels. I had a friend staying in another room with four people and they had the same experience. Three sets of towels was all they could get. Cheap, chintzy, low-end, horrible accommodations to say the least.
When I was getting ready to check out on Monday morning (check out is at 11:00 a.m.) the clerk who gave me his key was walking around the parking lot and circling my van at 9:00 a.m. apparently afraid I was going to make off with his master key. What an idiot!
The people who run this hotel act like they are doing you a favor by letting you stay there. They are miserly, close-fisted, parsimonious, penny-pinching cheapskates.
I'd suggest you run as far away from this hotel as possible and even if you had to drive an extra 100 miles to find a place to stay I wouldn't recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Spare yourself. I know you're thinking "it can't be that bad,&qu...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Timothy B

Travellers are raving about these Clinton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn
#3 of 5 in Clinton
The Richert Inn
The Richert Inn
#2 of 2 in Clinton

Been to Days Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!