“Great Experience”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Clinton
Ohio
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We were in dire straits after staying at the Days Inn in Clinton.

The day manager let us check in way, way early, offered us the free breakfast while we were checking in and she was super lovely to deal with (Candra, thank you!).

The breakfast options include: cereal, yogurt, danish, apples, oranges, bananas, oatmeal, waffles, egg and sausage muffins, fresh coffee, juice, milk, muffins & more.

The hotel is very modern, clean and there is a business center with a computer and printer which was handy for printing my airline ticket.

In the room is a digital heater/AC unit, coffee maker, flat screen cable TV, frig, microwave, and soaps, lotion etc. The bed was comfy and didn't hurt my hips like most beds do.

I would go back in a heart beat! Thank you Comfort Inn, Candra and staff : )

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank OHhorses

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The bathrooms were locked upon arrival (strange?), and the water was barely warm enough for a shower on a Saturday morning, but scalding hot the rest of the weekend... Breakfast was decent, but not as good as Hampton Inn. Hallway reeked of cigarette smoke all weekend. Beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Sorry but I believe the first floor rooms are for smokers... gross. And there is no elevator! WHA...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Greeted and shown rooms by an extremely courteous desk clerk. Our rooms were clean, beautifully decorated and I felt safe and secure. This is my 2nd visit, I have no complaints and I will stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Donna E
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I stayed her this past weekend. It's ridiculous that when you get a room, you don't know that you have to drag your luggage upstairs because they don't have an elevator. I don't know if they are conserving air and hot water, but the lobby was at least 80 degrees, and the shower water is almost room temperature. There is also brown stains surrounding the ceiling tiles in the shower. The check in lady was not very customer service oriented at ALL. The rooms smell like they've been closed for years and smell of smoke. They should not be asking for $98 for these rooms..and breakfast was just terrible. I couldn't enjoy my oatmeal because too many flies were land on my food, and the lady operating the kitchen saw us shooing the flies a way and didn't say anything. I would rather pay to sleep in their parking lot than the hotel. And to think the name is COMFORT inn! This is so far from comfort than you can get. If someone walks in there and feels that heat in the lobby when they should be feeling AIR conditioning, they would NEVER stay there.

Room Tip: Be light on your luggage because you have to carry them upstairs because there is no elevator.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Tina E
Douglas, GA
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is my first stay at the Comfort Inn in Clinton and it was a pleasant stay. The hotel looks to have been recently upgraded in every thing which is nice. The only complaint is the hotel has no elevator and all the non smoking rooms are on the second floor and the stair well to get to the second floor is mighty hot. The service is about average at the desk. I was kind of surprised that the automatic doors were turned off to only key access only at 8pm. I've known hotels to do this around 10pm, but 8pm seems kind of early, but this is my first time in Clinton and they may have issues here I don't know about. The bed was comfortable the television, AC, and all the room furnishings looked new and overall it was nice. If I come back to Clinton I'd stay here again, just wish they had an elevator.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Enka
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This location has undergone a major renovation, and the upgrades are great! New beds were SUPER comfy, there were a variety of pillows, soft, med. & firm (the pillow cases were not labeled, but it was easy to determine which was which), the new flat screen TV's have been added to the rooms & the new towels were thick and thirsty. The hallway carpet & renovated lobby gives the location a very fresh look. I didn't take advantage of breakfast, but others in my party did & didn't have any complaints.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Glynn L
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here when we were visiting the Clinton House. We usually stay at the Hampton but it was booked. This hotel I'd very convenient to get to the interstate. The rooms have been updated and the beds were comfy. My only complaints were some of the tiles in our bathroom were falling off and outlets to plug most of our things in were across the room. All in all things were good and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Rocknrollchica2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Clinton
Ashford Inn
Ashford Inn
#1 of 2 in Clinton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!