“Decent value, nothing fancy”

Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colfax
Greenville, North Carolina
“Decent value, nothing fancy”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

For a couple of weekend nights, it was a good value. Not a spectacular property, but a decent room, nice staff, free wifi and parking. The studio suite was good sized, plenty of room to spread out. Full kitchen, but only used the fridge. Very convenient to I-40 and the airport. I was happy for $79.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lawrence B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Got the room for $75 a night. The room was clean but the advertised breakfast was a heat-shrinked muffin and a bag of oatmeal. The WiFi is too slow to be useable. The TV gets a total of 15 stations. The rooms are not well insulated, you can hear when a neighbor takes a shower of flushes a toilet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MDKF

Travellers are raving about these Colfax hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very nice hotel, rooms are very comfortable and with plenty of space. Property and landscaping are great and staff is very supportive especially front desk clerk(s) Jordan, Latoya, and Pearl. Area manager Lee has always been very helpful and Property Manager Bryan is exceptional and always goes beyond his duties to assist guests and anything concerning the property. I have been a guest at this property for more than a year now on a business assignment and this property has exceeded my every expectation and the only improvement that can be said of the property is the need for more tv channels.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
IAD
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Unfortunately, front desk tries to copy DL when check-in. I think this is due to their abysmal guests. ESAs are normally occupied by construction workers although this one is better since it is located to RFMD. Anyway, be sure to take this up to a manager in the spot if FD resists to check in if you are not willing to provide DL copies.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IADFlyer
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

nc and scotland
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Great value for the price. Though the hallways are a bit tired, T'is one of the largest rooms for a hotel I have stayed. Indeed, one could live in this studio set up for weeks, if necessary. Large kitchen area with adjacent desk for business work. Large couch and coffee table facing the queen or better bed in the L shaped room. Large screen HD tv pivots for veiwing anywhere in the room. Sink basin area iis separated by a door to the toilet.and basic bath. Strong shower is a welcome in the evening. Would rate higher is the mattress were better. All in all, good value for the money and will plan to stay there again on visits to this area.

Room Tip: Check Priceline 'express' package.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The first thing that stood out to me was the landscaping...very inviting, very colorful, and very well kept. My room was spacious and the appearance of wood floors in the kitchen area was a nice touch. The pool provided some needed rest and relaxation. The grill looked very nice, and I wish I had more time to take advantage of it. An overall pleasant experience!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Greensboro-Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
IAD
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I got this hotel in priceline in the last minute trip.(25 dollars as usual for ESA) I was very surprised with this premise. Probably, there is a heavy competition around airport area so they are working hard. Clean, reasonably large room, nice staffs .... this is the first extended stay property which I liked. They even provide breakfast and remote printing. What else can I think about for 20 dollars room? As always this is occupied by many construction workers. I would not recommend to solo female business travelers to nearby small medium sized firms.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#28 of 76 in Greensboro
Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensboro Airport
Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport
Best Western Plus Greensboro Airport Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport? Share your experiences!