“Nice for an extended stay”

Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colfax
Houston, Texas
“Nice for an extended stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

No frills but excellent value for a long term stay. The facility was clean and pleasant, the outside was beautiful. The pool area was great to hang out in and we enjoyed the quiet oasis of this area with our coffee in the mornings. For the price, this was a superior stay.

We were in town for my daughters wedding and stayed 7 nights. Next time I would bring my own condiments because it was expensive to buy some for just one week stay. A gift basket of packets would have been nice. The grab-n-go breakfast was okay, but most people confused it with a continental breakfast. While the carpets were worn, we never felt they were unclean. The room sound proofing was good so the privacy was excellent.

For the value it was the best place to stay!

We had a BBQ by the pool with the rest of the extended family which was awesome. The employees made us feel welcome and were accommodating and helpful. Call yourself and they will bend over backwards to help you.

Room Tip: We had three rooms and all were comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Teresa H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Teresa - Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your kind words and helpful suggestions about our grab-and-go breakfast and the condiment basket. Still, I'm thrilled that our team made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed our pool and grill.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I loved this hotel. The staff was friendly I felt like I've known them for years. We were greeted by everyone every time we went in the lobby. The property was very clean and the rooms where great. The bed was wonderful. I had a great extended stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank twarner74
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our friendly staff, your clean room and comfortable bed. The staff and I truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2013

It is not any thing fancy but for $35 per night. It is not bad at all. The rooms are clean. Beds are not the best but OK. Towels are too thin. No shampoo in bathrooms. Breakfast is really the lowest thing I have ever seen at hotel before (half a dozen of different ways to eat oatmeal in packets, as a bar, ..)
Staff service is actually sort of average. No real warm welcoming or any thing special. It got an nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Buthaina F
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 May 2013

For a couple of weekend nights, it was a good value. Not a spectacular property, but a decent room, nice staff, free wifi and parking. The studio suite was good sized, plenty of room to spread out. Full kitchen, but only used the fridge. Very convenient to I-40 and the airport. I was happy for $79.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lawrence B
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Got the room for $75 a night. The room was clean but the advertised breakfast was a heat-shrinked muffin and a bag of oatmeal. The WiFi is too slow to be useable. The TV gets a total of 15 stations. The rooms are not well insulated, you can hear when a neighbor takes a shower of flushes a toilet.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MDKF

Travellers are raving about these Colfax hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Very nice hotel, rooms are very comfortable and with plenty of space. Property and landscaping are great and staff is very supportive especially front desk clerk(s) Jordan, Latoya, and Pearl. Area manager Lee has always been very helpful and Property Manager Bryan is exceptional and always goes beyond his duties to assist guests and anything concerning the property. I have been a guest at this property for more than a year now on a business assignment and this property has exceeded my every expectation and the only improvement that can be said of the property is the need for more tv channels.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
IAD
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Unfortunately, front desk tries to copy DL when check-in. I think this is due to their abysmal guests. ESAs are normally occupied by construction workers although this one is better since it is located to RFMD. Anyway, be sure to take this up to a manager in the spot if FD resists to check in if you are not willing to provide DL copies.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IADFlyer
Jamie B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colfax
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Greensboro
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#30 of 76 in Greensboro
Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensboro Airport
Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport
Best Western Plus Greensboro Airport Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Greensboro - Airport? Share your experiences!