“One of my favorite breakfasts”
Review of Moose Cafe

Moose Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Colfax
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“One of my favorite breakfasts”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Moose Café is a real farm to table restaurant and their breakfast is among the best you will find anywhere in the south! They have what is certainly the best biscuits on earth. Now this is something I know as I have worked and worked to match Moose Café biscuits and they have the best. They alone are worth a visit, but everything they serve for breakfast is outstanding. You can't make a bad choice. If I have to pick nits, the service is a little slow, but hey it's not fast food. I really want to go for dinner and see what they do with that, but I can give breakfast my highest recommendations.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Things are loose at moose!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Let's see: a grilled cheese sandwich with bland, processed cheese--not good. Cream of sweet potato soup--make that lukewarm (at best) cream of sweet potato soup--not good. Anemic biscuits with "apple butter" containing seed hulls and right out of the refrigerator--not good. Apple dessert with unpeeled apples and mostly crust--not good.

This is a breakfast place, and not a bad one, but lunch? Ours was a horrible experience, one that we won't try again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great experience”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Love this place, at Sandy Ridge farmers market. Stop maybe once a moth. Clean good help and excellent food. Have only had breakfast there. Talk about a Farmers Brreakfast wow.Also have lots of low cal choices too..........A don't miss when at Farmers Market .Open all week BREAKFAST,LUNCH AND DINNER.............

1 Thank bronxboy23
Burlington, NC
“Below average but not quite poor”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Maybe since it is located in the Farmers Mkt, I was expecting more. The service was about average but the food was a bit below average.

The country fried steak was too heavily breaded. The fried chicken was ok, but just ok. The chicken and dumplings were a disappointment.

The highlight of the meal was the pintos served with chow chow and onions on the side.

I would have to be real hungry to go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent.”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I read some of the reviews on here and honestly I disagree. The food that we had was very flavorful and quite delicious. I had the sweet potato soup, a seasonal salad and the grilled moose chicken. My husband had the trout, sweet potato fries and another side.
In my opinion each piece of our food had a distinct taste and it was all very eloquently put together. The flavors matched well and complemented one another.

Overall, our mid day dining was an excellent experience. I will definitely cme back and recommend it to others.