“No telephone contact”
Review of The Brickhouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
The Brickhouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Columbia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2014

There is no one that will answer the phone at this inn and it is very difficult to contact anybody. The owner seldom if ever returns any calls!
The food was very good and the hostess was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Hawgjaws

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this B & B for our birthdays. The service was great. The food was wonderful and the people in the town are so friendly. The restaurants had some of the best customer service. We stayed in March and the people that we met who also stayed at this B & B were friendly also. If you are looking for a nice place to stay and do not want to be bothered with the hussle and bussle of a big city, this is the place to come. The Winery was nice and the restaurants in the town have great food and service.
Clean, great food, great conversations and great company. We enjoyed every moment. Also, they do have internet.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms according to how many people will be sleeping there. Don't be afraid to book mor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Di J
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This cozy bed and breakfast is a friendly place to be. My husband & I stayed here in August and we wish we found this place a night before. The place was clean but I wish that the bed was comfortable enough. I think we stayed in the Magnolia room. There were two entry doors to our room and one opens to the front porch, so it was like we had our own private balcony. Kay gave us a tour of the whole house. The rooms were tastefully decorated. I remember that breakfast was a bit greasy for me.

Room Tip: Magnolia room - you have your own private entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at our now favorite bed and breakfast! Our room was different but fantastic as it was last time... Kay is becoming a lovable aunt to us... She is incredibly sweet and she is a fantastic cook... She remembered us and welcomed us with hugs! She even kept a pair of shoes that my husband left the last time we were there. The Brickhouse Inn is officially our home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank JJacks13
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This bed and breakfast has the standard features but not all the standard amenities. Unfortunately we had the worst room in the house. The bed was not comfortable, and we had to snitch a chair from the hallway to have a comfortable place to sit down. The shared bathroom had no kleenex or paper cups, so I spent 2 days blowing my nose with toilet paper and rinsing my mouth with water from my hand. Kay, the overseer, was very friendly. Breakfasts were ok, but not all items were homemade as they have been in most all other B&B's we've stayed in. The town of Columbia is so small that there is not much to do. We used it as a sleepover place on our way to the outer banks. I think next time we'll just stay at the outerbanks. We had a nice visit, but we'll choose another place next time. BTW, we used a group coupon for this visit which made it very affordable. I don't think I would have been very happy if we had paid the regular price.

Room Tip: There is a nice room on the first floor that has a double bed and access to a small private porch...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank nelly622
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Brickhouse is a great little B&B for kayakers and nature buffs to use as a home (and homey) base. It has 4 (or 5..can't remember) rooms..2 downstairs. We stayed in the Sportsman Room is decorated as named and has 2 twin beds and a private bath, great for traveling friends. The downstairs rooms have odd high mounted air conditioners operated by remote controls and the beds do creak and groan, but so do the floors and it's part of the charm. The A/C blocked out most other noises.

Kay is great..friendly, helpful, a great cook and like one of your good friends. The breakfast is served at a long dining table and we had such great conversations lingering long after the dishes were cleared. We also gathered around in the kitchen at night drinking wine and eating lemon bars that Kay made and left for us.

Columbia is quaint, a good spot for traveling to Somerset Plantation, the Pocosin Wildlife Preserve, The Scuppernong River, fishing, hunting, boating, etc.or, as some have written, a stop along the way to the Outer Banks. The Brickhouse B&B is a sweet place to stay.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Two-Ws
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay but unless you are in witness protection and like crap food there is no reason to go to Columbia NC We were recommended the old salt oyster bar for dinner which is owned by the same people ,great building but unfortunately the chef cannot cook ,the manager is a total clown and they think they are a real restaurant . For fun try a filet ,which is 6 oz and comes is into two over cooked pieces, the broiled flounder is over cooked and welded to the plate

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank wanderingkev

Been to The Brickhouse Inn? Share your experiences!