“quite peaceful town”
Review of The Brickhouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
The Brickhouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Columbia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our 2nd visit. Nice accommodations, good breakfast. Worked with us in our food needs. Had cookies out for the afternoon. Enjoyed sitting on porch reading. Walked 3 blocks to river and sat down to watched the sunset. Sun setting over the water. prettiest one I have seen in years. they have a boardwalk that extends down river and a nature walk. Did this on Sunday morning. enjoyed the town and also the B&B very much.

Room Tip: Some rooms share a bathroom. There was no problems sharing with other guest. would return again
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Snarkyimp

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Found this little b&b in Columbia,nc and had a very relaxing time. Kay made us feel as if it was our own home. Very friendly and wonderful breakfasts. It is a little distance to the outer banks but so quiet and peaceful. Just what you want after being sightseeing and shopping for the day.
wonderful place to go.

Room Tip: if you are lookin for a quiet place this is it, Enjoy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mabuck1
Reviewed 3 May 2014

There is no one that will answer the phone at this inn and it is very difficult to contact anybody. The owner seldom if ever returns any calls!
The food was very good and the hostess was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Hawgjaws
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this B & B for our birthdays. The service was great. The food was wonderful and the people in the town are so friendly. The restaurants had some of the best customer service. We stayed in March and the people that we met who also stayed at this B & B were friendly also. If you are looking for a nice place to stay and do not want to be bothered with the hussle and bussle of a big city, this is the place to come. The Winery was nice and the restaurants in the town have great food and service.
Clean, great food, great conversations and great company. We enjoyed every moment. Also, they do have internet.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms according to how many people will be sleeping there. Don't be afraid to book mor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Di J
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This cozy bed and breakfast is a friendly place to be. My husband & I stayed here in August and we wish we found this place a night before. The place was clean but I wish that the bed was comfortable enough. I think we stayed in the Magnolia room. There were two entry doors to our room and one opens to the front porch, so it was like we had our own private balcony. Kay gave us a tour of the whole house. The rooms were tastefully decorated. I remember that breakfast was a bit greasy for me.

Room Tip: Magnolia room - you have your own private entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at our now favorite bed and breakfast! Our room was different but fantastic as it was last time... Kay is becoming a lovable aunt to us... She is incredibly sweet and she is a fantastic cook... She remembered us and welcomed us with hugs! She even kept a pair of shoes that my husband left the last time we were there. The Brickhouse Inn is officially our home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank JJacks13
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This bed and breakfast has the standard features but not all the standard amenities. Unfortunately we had the worst room in the house. The bed was not comfortable, and we had to snitch a chair from the hallway to have a comfortable place to sit down. The shared bathroom had no kleenex or paper cups, so I spent 2 days blowing my nose with toilet paper and rinsing my mouth with water from my hand. Kay, the overseer, was very friendly. Breakfasts were ok, but not all items were homemade as they have been in most all other B&B's we've stayed in. The town of Columbia is so small that there is not much to do. We used it as a sleepover place on our way to the outer banks. I think next time we'll just stay at the outerbanks. We had a nice visit, but we'll choose another place next time. BTW, we used a group coupon for this visit which made it very affordable. I don't think I would have been very happy if we had paid the regular price.

Room Tip: There is a nice room on the first floor that has a double bed and access to a small private porch...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank nelly622

Been to The Brickhouse Inn? Share your experiences!