“The Best Treat In Tryon, North Carolina”

Mountain View BBQ & Deli
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I work with a praise and worship ministry called JC & Company. My son and I conducted a praise and worship program in Tryon, North Carolina today (6-5-14). After the program, as we were leaving Tryon, we noticed a BBQ restaurant on our right while traveling down the highway. We pulled into the parking area to check out the restaurant. Upon entering, we could not believe the clean and inviting appearance of the restaurant! Also, the smell of the BBQ was overwhelming! We ordered our food and a young lady named Miranda took the order. Not only did she take the order, she delivered the food to our table with a smile! The hush puppies, BBQ, slaw, baked beans, and French fries were excellent! The hush puppies were the best that we've ever eaten! I have had the opportunity to conduct programs in Tryon before, but I never realized that this place existed! My wife and I have traveled all fifty states and we have traveled internationally. I will put this food and the service up against any of the places that we've visited! In fact, I watched Miranda take the orders, deliver the orders, take the orders, deliver the orders, etc. She was so very efficient and so very professional! One of the reasons that I would return is because of her positive attitude and her beautiful smile. She totally enjoys her work! If you are on Interstate 26 heading east or west, and you are near the Tryon-Columbus exit, east of Asheville, North Carolina, you've got to eat at this restaurant! It is at least one hour from our home, but we may go back tomorrow! My son and I ordered two meats with two sides. We chose BBQ for both meats. Again, it was the best that we've ever eaten anywhere! You will NOT be disappointed!

3  Thank Craig L

Reviewed 31 May 2014

LOVED the BBQ and the home made chips. First time we ate in the restaurant, second time we took some home. Having a great BBQ place right near us is a great thing.

1  Thank southernlady5464
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We go back again and again especially for their brisket! Good barbeque, good service, rarely disappointed. Servings are large and prices fair. Occasionally the fries are a bit limp, but the hush puppies are always great. Certainly not fancy, but when you want good food in a casual atmosphere it can't be beat.

1  Thank Anonymous415_12
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Recently had the pleasure of having lunch at the mountain view. As I was in nc I had a pulled pork sandwich with homemade chips. Eat where the locals eat and you won't be disappointed. My lips are still happy.

1  Thank vickyp600
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Awesome BBQ, very moist & delicious!!! The potato salad is southerners dream come true. You won't be disappointed...go & eat!!!