“Excellent for price!! ”

Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Concord
stanley
“Excellent for price!! ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Great choice if trying to save. $$! Clean room. Very friendly staff. Great location with easy access to 85. No breakfast but Will stay again!! Would definitely recommend to friends !! They have a nice garden. Nice entry way. Safe enclosed parking lot.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank l2l05
zamzim, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Concord, responded to this review, 24 February 2015
Dear 12105,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. My apologies for not getting back to you. I appreciate knowing that you enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly staff, and great location! We hope to see you back here again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.

Vimal
Americas Best Value Inn-Concord, NC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a good choice for a budget traveler. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't bad; good coffee and prepackaged muffins danishes and the like. I see a lot of reviews complaining about the nearby train tracks and honestly suits me to sleep it doesn't blow a whistle just a train rolling by. Convenience store in walking distance straight across a non busy street. There are also at least 15 good places to eat within walking distance.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christopher M
Dear Christopher M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Sorry for not getting back to you a bit sooner. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our convenient location to several area restaurants. Come back this year and stay with us again should you to the area!

Vimal,
Ashland, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This Americas Best Value Inn was down right by the railroad tracks, the staff very polite and helpful.Small office and only offered cold pasteries,orange juice and coffee for breakfast.There was a Chick Fil A right across the street,you could walk over too.The rooms were clean,bed comfortable and good water pressure on shower,bathroom tiny.It's a great focal point to go to all the Nascar racing shops.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
zamzim, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Concord, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
On behalf of our staff, we like to thank you for talking time in reviewing us. we are glad your stay was comfortable. It was a pleasure having you here.
Millers Creek, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I travel a lot and do not hand out Excellent ratings lightly. But I have been so thrilled with this property. Look, it's not the Hilton. But it's not supposed to be. For the value you just can't beat it though. And the customer service has be excellent.

Upon check in there was a minor billing issue (my fault) and they generously let me go ahead and check in while it was being worked out. I had a couple minor questions, not issues, but questions, and a quick call to the front desk answered them all.

The room is clean, spacious, and quiet. There is a fridge, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker. Lots of channels on the television. Lighting is good. Bed is quite comfortable.

And the location is fantastic. Sure, people have mentioned the train passing nearby, but it's not like a whistle blowing train and hasn't bothered or woke me up at all. Right off I-85, there are plenty of restaurants both eat-in and deliver. And it's just a few exits away from any place you might want to go, including the Speedway.

Finally, and this is what brought my review from Very Good to Excellent. The Internet service has been fantastic. I can't stress enough to hoteliers how important quality Internet access is. Here I had zero service interruptions and even streaming video worked without an issue.

America's Best Value has listed this as one of their premium locations, and that listing is well deserved. I have stayed in several hotels much more expensive than this with much lower quality of stay.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, ask for room 115. It's on the very end, right next to the ice machine, and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Darren S
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights at the very end of September, and overall had a good experience with this place. It was probably the cheapest place around- which is what I always try initially. The motel was over half full during my stay, total price was right at mid-65 per night plus tax.

It is convenient to the mall, as well as various fast-food and convenience stores, but as some people have noted- it's probably not the sort of area that you might feel comfortable walking around at night- although I didn't have any problems with the immediate motel area.

My room was quite nice- I had no problem with the room. The bed was comfortable, everything was clean, and the room had all the amenities like a microwave and mini-fridge. The TV worked well, and the wi-fi was fast and easy to connect. Unless there is a problem with room consistency, I didn't have the problems that others have reported with their rooms.

One thing- there is a busy road on one of the motel, and a railroad on the other end of the motel. I was staying in a room at the far end of the motel from the railroad, and it could be heard, but it wasn't loud; the trains didn't blow their horns while passing. It was no worse than some motels that I've stayed at that were near airports, where you could hear the planes, but it was little above background noise. Keep this mind if you are an unusually light sleeper, or if this sort of thing bothers you; it didn't bother me at all. You might also want to see if you can get a room on the far end if this is an issue.

Room Tip: Check your room first before accepting it; also keep the railroad noise in mind if you are a light s...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
zamzim, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Concord, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear htmoc42,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to thank you for sharing an honest traveler review with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms, convenient location, and comfortable beds. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here as a single female traveling to a dog show. This hotel is in a very bad location; about 20-30 feet behind the building are very busy train tracks, you can see the train passing behind the building in their last photo. Also on the other side of the parking lot there is a bus terminal, with scary people hanging out there all hours day and night. Then in front of the building there is a convenience store, also with shady people there all night long. The rooms are dirty and out dated, don't worry about the beds being comfortable, you wont sleep with the train passing by all night long and listening to people outside the door. Stains on everything; walls, carpet, and linens. The towels are small and like sandpaper. Spend the extra money you life may depend on it!!!

I am a review reader and all the great reviews are what made me put myself in danger. Not wanting someone to make the same mistake, I needed to write a review. THIS IS A REAL REVIEW!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dear Gr8pry,

Thank you for posting a traveler opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about any safety concerns you had during your stay. As a business owner, we have no control over our surroundings. Safety can never be guaranteed for any of us, regardless of location. However, please know that we have had minimal issues in my 28 years of owning this property. Again, I respect your opinion, but our rooms are not dirty and outdated. I have many repeat guests who choose our location based upon this. I respect your personal feelings and I understand if we could not meet your expectations. The honest reviews of other travelers are guests who have already stayed with us. I equally respect their opinions. Therefore I do not feel it is appropriate to not give them any merit.

Detroit
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for a little over 2 weeks and couldn't have been happier! There is train tracks very close but inside the room the sound was minimal. Didn't bother me at all! The rooms were clean and the owners were very accommodating (I had to keep adding days to my stay). I slept very well in the king size bed and the rate was very reasonable. Had great free internet. Will definitely being staying here again the next time I am in town!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Shawni N,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. Our location is perfect for extended-stay guests such as you. I am pleased that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Should you ever return to the area, we hope that you stay with us again!

Americas Best Value Inn-Concord, NC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
Sleep Inn Concord
#17 of 26 in Concord
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)
Home Towne Suites - Concord
Wingate by Wyndham Concord/Charlotte Area
Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Concord? Share your experiences!