“Decent enough...”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This hotel is decent enough overall. The price was decent. I stayed here for the Bank of America 500 race in October. The reason I stayed here in the first place was because it was the only hotel close to the track that was still available by the time I made my reservations. I was certain there was a reason it was last to book. Overall, it is one of the lower end hotels in this area. It is right off of I-85, and closest out of the local hotels, which does account for some road noise throughout the night. The room itself was decent, the one I booked had 2 beds and a pullout sofa, with a mini-fridge and microwave. One complaint I have about the room is that the sink is actually in the bedroom, rather than down a hallway or closed off, which I found a little weird. Another thing about the room, is that even though I had a bigger room, with the 2 beds and pullout couch, there was still only 1 air conditioner, which did not cool the entire room. I had to set it very cold to make the far end of the room tolerable, while the part of the room close to the air conditioner was freezing.

If you are considering staying here during a race at the Speedway and are wondering about distance, it's about 1.5 miles away from the track. We did not walk because it seemed like a pretty far 1.5 miles, and on the way back from the track, it would be an uphill walk on a highly traveled road. We did see some people walking back and forth from the hotels though.
Just a heads up warning as well, the traffic pattern the local police set up during the popular races is a nightmare... So walking may have been a better option...

Breakfast was also decent, not the best continental breakfast that I've had, but not the worst either. Selection was pretty good, and what was there did taste good.

Overall, the hotel was decent, however, there are so many different hotel choices in the same area that I would probably try and reserve earlier and stay at a nicer hotel next time.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 beds, pullout sofa, and micro-fridge are very 'roomy' There is highway n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dan F
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I arrived was in town on business and needed an affordable room for one night. I felt a little uneasy staying by myself for a few reasons (there was a large group of men staying there who occupied the pool deck outside of my room smoking/drinking/laughing until after midnight) and the hotel check-in staff member was just weird. He wasn't wearing any identifiers (ex. Sleep in shirt, name tag, etc.) and asked a few personal (in my opinion) questions. Breakfast was average for a free continental breakfast (oatmeal, bacon, boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc) and well-maintained by the lady who staffed it. There was a weird odor to the lobby and hallways that I just couldn't identify...like too much carpet shampoo??? The noise level was high all night due to doors slamming shut, people yackin' outside and a nearby airport/interstate. Everything was a little dated and I felt like I had to wear my shoes around the room. There were multiple stains on my sheets and a few hairs on my fitted sheet...yea, gross. The shower and bathroom was nice enough but I just felt gross when I laid down at night. Sorry Sleep Inn...I normally like your hotels. This one just needs some work.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor near the pool...it can be loud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The entire staff was very professional during my 4 day stay. I did have a suite which was very large, clean, and well maintained. Breakfast items were outstanding and well maintained. Good job to the Breakfast Attendant.

I will definitely be back to that location when in North Carolina!!

Room Tip: Ask for the suite if it is available, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed during the Charlotte Democratic National Convention. Basic but hotel was a good value. It's a bit far from Charlotte but nearby is the speedway among other attractions. Breakfast was ok. rooms fine. pool small. Not much to say considering we we away 20 hours each day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My boyfriend and I took three 16 year old teenagers to Charlotte for a concert. We were looking for a suite that offered two separate rooms. The room we got was awesome. one room had a king and the other room had double beds. Each room had its own bathroom and shower, tvs, etc. it also had a HUGE living area with a HUGE TV. there was also a kitchenette. We were very, very happy with the room. The price was very affordable. We will definately return when attending another concert.

Room Tip: very close to a lot of restaurants and Concord Mills Shopping Mall.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Tried to check in early 2 times, staff said no. Then when he did let us check in, he suggested we sign up to be choice members (free, takes less than a minute); guess what choice members get? early check in! Would have been nice to know that both times we tried to check in early.

Bath towel had a long hair on it that didn't belong to us. After showering, we could see someone had written in the steam on the mirror, which means they didn't clean it between guests. One of the light fixtures didn't work unless you're into strobe lighting.

Housekeeping knocked and tried coming in at 9:00 am! Checkout isn't until 12:00.

Upon check out, two women were waiting to check out but no staff was present at 11:00 am on a Friday. So I called the front desk and let it ring and ring hoping some staff member would emerge. Finally a guy came out from the back and acted almost as if he was being bothered to do his job. Didnt seem to care or apologize when we told him the housekeeper tried coming in at 9 am.

Not the worst place but staff is clueless.

Also, better hope there's not a fire. The slow elevator seems to be the only escape route as we couldn't locate any stairs.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Slewisctrs
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I've been to this location several times before and it's always a nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends