“Great price close to the Speedway”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is the least expensive on Gateway Lane. If you're looking for a clean bed, nice accommodations and free breakfast, this will fit the bill. It has a nice pool, very well kept. We've stayed here several times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for being a loyal visitor to our hotel! We appreciate your business and your taking time to post a review. Your feedback is very important to us and your positive comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope to welcome you back time and time again and provide you with the same great experience and accommodations you've enjoyed in the past.
Our many thanks!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Checked in on a busy holiday weekend. Had a slight issue with my not knowing the room I reserved had no bathtub. Moved to another room (with Jacuzzi) within 10 min. The rooms are very comfortable, well lit, modern and huge bathroom. Filled to capacity for a Nascar weekend, still no problems with noise. Perfect location for shopping & great restaurants, easy parking and right off I-85. You'll love it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for such a review of your visit with us! We appreciate your taking time to provide valuable feedback regarding your stay. Compliments are great motivators but all comments are helpful in our efforts to consistently exceed our guest's expectations.
Again, our many thanks.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel has really stepped up it's game. We've been coming here for close to 10 years now and we've enjoyed every stay. They have a breakfast that helps cure the hangover from a race. Their housekeeping staff is excellent. We will stay here again next year for the Coca Cola 600.

Just a tip if you're coming in from the airport, get a taxi, it will run around 60 bucks with a tip. Once you're at the hotel, there are now golf cart shuttles that will take you back and forth to and from the track or wherever you want to be dropped off at for around 5 bucks. Saves you a long walk down to the track from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff K

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit with us for the Coca Cola 600. We are so glad you enjoyed the renovations and upgrades to the hotel! Your transportation tip will be very helpful to other event attendees as well.
We appreciate your feedback and we're looking forward to seeing you again next year!
Debra S,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was amazing. The staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived here after a HORRIBLE Howard Johnson experience. We were taking our son to his first NASCAR race, the hotel we booked on line was aweful. We arrived here and they had a room and it was wonderful, clean and comfy. Sleep Inn will now be my first choice for hotel stays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you! I hope your son was as happy with his first NASCAR race as we were to receive this review. We look very forward to your next visit and appreciate your taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. Again, our many thanks.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Got to this hotel about 6:50pm. The clerk was sitting down watching tv by her desk. She had a note on her desk that she was taking a break. I stood at her desk waiting and 3 other guys were waiting also. Another guy came in and she got up and almost served him before me. It was about 7:12pm when this happen. I can see is she was in the bathroom but not near her desk watching tv while 4to5 customers were waiting. I was tired because I worked 6:30am to 6:50pm and then had to wait for her break of watching tv break was over. It seems there should be better customer service than that........

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your very valuable feedback regarding your check-in experience at our hotel. You are absolutely correct in stating that we can provide better customer service than what you recently received. I am so very sorry. Please know that this is not acceptable service and certainly not up to our usual high standards. Our General Manager is addressing this issue with our front office staff to ensure that our guests not only receive stellar service, but timely service as well.
Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate both your comments and your business.
Debra s.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

A group of us stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites April 11 & 12 for the NHRA Nationals. We had 3 rooms - one king room and two double rooms. The prices had been raised for the weekend for the event, like I'm sure all were - I think around $25 per night. The hotel appears to have undergone recent renovations.

Overall we had no problems and the room was adequate - there were just some strange minor quirks, such as when we checked in on Friday we heard a baby screaming and crying very loudly. I thought there were people in the back room with a baby or that there was a baby monitor turned up, but my husband said the clerk was watching or listening to a TV show, and that she went to turn it down after we checked in.

My husband and I had the king room, which was not overly large but was adequate with a microwave, fridge and flat screen TV. There was a desk and chair, and an armoir, which was not as convenient as having drawers we could each put our clothing in. The decor was nice, as was the bedding, and there were 4 pillows on the bed that were very comfy.

One strange thing we noticed about the room was that there were no outlets behind either of the bedside tables. The clock on the bedside table was actually plugged into one of the sink outlets, so if you wanted to plug anything else in you had to unplug the hair dryer or use one of the desk plugs.

The bathroom was very small and there was no separate fan - just a vent that must have run to a roof unit or something else. There was a shower stall that was small but adequate except for only having one tiny shelf. I had to move my husband's shampoo to put my things in, and there was no place to hang a washcloth. The shower had good water pressure. On a cosmetic note the toilet tank lid did not fit onto the toilet tank properly and the ring around the shower head that attaches to the wall had come un-caulked and was hanging.

The sink area was small, and one of the other little quirks was that the hot water would turn on either way you turned the knob, so you had to make sure when you turned it off you didn't go too far the other way and turn it back on.

We didn't have any problems with the maid service - the room was clean, bed made and fresh towels left for us along with soap, etc.

The hotel was very close to the dragway, which is at the same exit, and is very close to a lot of restaurants. There's no bar in this hotel, but we just walked next door to the Hilton Garden Suites. There was a common area "lounge" on our floor, although we didn't use it. We didn't try the complimentary breakfast or utilize the pool or exercise room. I've read that the staff is excellent, but we didn't really interact with them except at the front desk.

Overall I think the hotel was good - nothing spectacular, but it was clean and we had no issues. The other hotels I looked at were either priced much higher, or seemed to be of much lower quality. I know this was much better than the last hotel we stayed at when we attended this event and I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you staying with us during the NHRA event at the ZMax dragway held recently. Your review is amazingly thorough and extremely helpful. All of the "Quirks" as you called them impact the guest experience and are therefor very important for us to know about. Everything from professionalism at the front desk to inconveniences like the location of the outlets and a convenient place to sit things in the bathroom provide important information for us and we are very grateful. Thank yo for your business and your wonderful feedback!
Debra W.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Made this reservation in February for April 11. On April 4 discovered that I could not keep reservation. On April 5 when I tried to cancel discovered they had a 7 day cancellation policy which I admit was on my paperwork but I had not noticed. Had never experience a cancellation policy of this time period.

Could not get hotel to answer. Email was a 72 hour turn around. Call to 800 was successful thanks to Eli plus I was on hold for 30 minutes . Seven days cancellation is not acceptable. When I called on the sixth day it was like it didn't matter with the first contact number.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your reservation experience with our hotel. My apologies for any misunderstanding. Hotel rooms during the weekend of April 11th were in high demand due to the NHRA Nationals being held at nearby ZMax Dragway. Our typical cancellation policy is 4:00 or 6:00PM on day of arrival. However, Special Events dictate we make certain policy changes. We know that when people plan to attend a special event they will make reservations well in advance. In this case, they generally book further out than 7 days. Once the hotel is sold out obviously turn away potential guests. Should rooms open up within 7 days as in this case, we may not be able to sell the empty rooms as most travelers have already made their plans. and potential event attendees may be locked out from attending the event. I am so sorry you were unhappy with the policy and hope that by explaining it you may better understand why we do it. Again, other than during special events our cancellation policy is generally by 6:00PM day of arrival.
Thank you for your important feedback. We do appreciate it.