Courtyard Charlotte Concord
US$259
US$245
US$167
US$143
Comfort Suites Concord Mills(Concord)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$162
US$112
SleepInn
US$147
US$139
US$238
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourtyard roomfire pitfront desknight's restother hotelsnice roomvery nice hotelclean roomsstaff was very friendly and helpfulbistroracelobbycharlottemirrorfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2013

A great experience at this property. Check in was quick and staff was extremely nice and accommodating. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. We ate breakfast from the grill and it was good but a bit pricy. The convenience was worth the extra. Nice courtyard with a fire pit but it was not on...must be by request. Overall, great stay!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Price was so so for what I think you should get. But the finishes were very nice. The pool was amazing, so was the hot tub. Pool room walls and especially the ceilings and windows were interesting, but the paint scheme didn't highlight any of it at all. Stars and sky above, beach mural on the sides. Just some imagination and artistry could make this place a DESTINATION because the climate control ran so quietly in here you could relax in silence. Meditative. A get away - with the right paint and slightly less harsh lighting. The rest of the place looked great with nice views around. Every Courtyard room looks the same which is nice because they did such a good job you know what you're going to get. Nice business center services too. Impeccable staff. Wendy stands out, so do Lisa? And Kayla? the time manager and day clerk. Pride and hospitality. No sidewalks in Concord which made it inhospitable to get to other parts of town, but great service. Zero complaints about amenities. Even the in room coffee tasted good considering what it was. Under $99 and this place would have been the BEST value, better than the best value chain at $60 (there are some leaders). Some Courtyards are in terrible locations, this was not one of them if you have to be near another hotel hosting a convention and don't want to pay their rates like the Embassy Suites next door.

Room Tip: Views all around are nice, you can't see Charlotte from here so room choice doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2012

A recent 3 night stay left us extremely disappointed in this hotel and it should not be carrying the Marriott name. Check-in was easy and front desk staff very friendly however having booked many months earlier, I expected to at least have the room of my choice (I booked balcony) but instead, got quite the opposite, (roadside view and no balcony). We were told that first come, first served.In other words, walk-ins could get best rooms first. If I don't cancel my reservation, then they should hold the room I booked many months ago. Upon arrival, the rooms are clean but really, REALLY small. Not so much as a bottle of water available in the room (we were willing to pay for it if it was available). I don't want to go down to the lobby at 3 a.m. to buy water when I'm thirsty. The shower was an old style tub/shower combination. Bathroom counter space very limited. Closet space? What closet space? Most of the closet was taken up with open shelving to hold an extra blanket. The beds face the window. They were very comfortable. The outdoor patio in the back was really nice. The bar was a terrible experience. They remove the complimentary coffee station so you have to go to the bar to buy it. Each time I went, I got "please wait as I'm making a new pot". How can that be when the hotel was nearly all booked? The bar is not open in the afternoon. Why would they miss such revenue when the hotel is booked with a convention? We all went across the street to the Embassy Suites instead where we were fully catered to. One night, while waiting for a martini, my drink would be set aside to accomodate making drinks for two others who came up to the bar. After about 15 minutes, I was being served my martini when I noticed red lipstick on my glass. The bartender apologized and threw out the martini. She was going to make me another one but I just didn't want to wait another 15 minutes so I asked for a red wine instead. She said she didn't have any cabernet's. Frustrated and having waited at least 30 minutes to get a drink, I said "fine, just give me a glass of that white wine instead". There was not much left in the bottle and I got less than 1/2 a glass full but got chared a full glass. She didn't even offer to open another bottle, instead, she just handed me the glass 'as is'. There are no safes in the room. Be prepared to make several trips to the front desk to retrieve 'safe' items when you need them. Now for the worst part of all. Being there on business, we were on a tight itinerary. We'd leave our room in the morning, go back late afternoon to freshen up before heading out for our evening itinerary. On Day 2, we got to our room to change ( 4 pm) only to find the cleaning ladies cleaning our room. We had to wait outside of our room until they were done. This forced us to arrive late for our business dinner reservations . I went downstairs to make the front desk aware of this situation. The next day, we arrived at our room around the same time, walked in and found our room exactly as it was when we left in. In other words, it had not been cleaned. I went downstairs to talk to front desk. I was then told that there is an order to which rooms get cleaned first. (not many rooms on each floor). Considering I made them aware the day before and explained that we were on a tight itinerary, I would think they would adjust the schedule. Since we didn't have time to wait for them to come clean it, we got ready and headed out. Imagine, a Marriott hotel stay where our room doesn't get cleaned for almost 2 days? Luckily, I at least got some fresh towels from the cleaning lady's cart. Upon checkout, I asked for some type of compensation from the manager for so many inconveniences. I got none. They don't care! Don't stay there. When I got back home, I got a feedback email from the hotel. I filled it in and sent it. I didn't not hear so much as a "sorry to hear about your bad experience". Stay at Embassy Suites across the street or another hotel in the area instead.

Room Tip: Arrival early to get a room of your choice and make sure it's not on the noisy road side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank marpalde
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. The overall condition of the hotel was very clean. The room smelled fresh and was very up to date with the furniture/decor. The bed was extremely comfortable. The location is very convenient to the interstate, Concord Mills and many great restaurants. There is even a small StarBucks Coffee bar in the lobby. The staff was very nice and check in and out were quick and easy. You will not regret staying here. I stayed on the 6th floor and have no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Nothing would make me happier than to say that this was one of the better Marriott hotels I have stayed over the course of my traveling life.... however that would be a lie. This Marriott is a disappointment to the Marriott Name.

I was traveling on a business trip and staying at this courtyard for two nights over a weekend. The check in went very smoothly and in no time at all I was in my room relaxing. However the problems started there. The first problem I had was the fact that the wifi did not work in my room. I was able to connect for short 30 second periods, before I would lose connection. A problem that is usually associated with being too far from the router. I called the front desk to get an ethernet cable which the receptionist struggled to find. She finally found one and I went down to get it. When I arrived at the counter the receptionist told me that there have been problems with the wifi because the owners bought "a bad wireless system." If the staff can't support the systems in place, how can I?

Unfortunately, that was only the tip of the iceberg. The main problem of my stay started when the room key wouldn't work. I went through approximately 7 keys before the receptionist would send up maintenance to open the door. He told me that the remote to open the door said that the lock was not on the system, which explains why my key didn't work, however he did not know how to reprogram the lock to get it to work. At one point he said he fixed it, however when I went to try it, the door did not open. In all I got about 15 keys that didn't work and for over half of my stay I had to get maintenance to let me into my room. It was incredibly aggravating and my frustration was helped by the staff lack of knowledge of the system and lack of attempt to permanently solve the problem was a disappointment.

It was not until the morning of my checkout that Lizz, the operations supervisor, offered to credit my bill for one nights stay, long after the problem had come up and far to late to appease my disappointment.

Overall, this hotel is not worthy of the Marriott name in my opinion. It did not show the customer care and service that I have come so familiar with during my travels. I hope that this hotel can place a focus on the customer in the future and attempt to solve problems faster.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 720 if you want good wifi
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business