“Lots of fun for whole family !”

Great Wolf Lodge Concord
Roanoke, Virginia
“Lots of fun for whole family !”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed for only one night and had a great time !! My child and friend are 11 years old and loved as well as my husband and I . Check the Buffett before going we stayed a year ago and the food was amazing , this time not so much ! But still not too bad at $20.00 for all u can eat plus dessert just ask for it , kids were only 5.99 ! Very clean and spacious rooms .

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had the chance to visit Great Wolf Lodge with my nieces and family last month and we had a great time. This was my first time visiting a water park resort facility so I had many expectations of what the experience was going to be like. Checkin took a while because of the sheer amount of people visiting in the summer time, but once we got to the counter it was smooth sailing. We had a two bed suite with a microwave and fridge in our room which was comfy. I noticed that a few things were not up to par, but with a quick call to the front desk, they fixed it immediately.

The water park is star attraction here, and it is amazing. Many chairs and tables for parents to relax and more than enough space for everyone to have a good time. The wave pool was a lot of fun and a nice addition.

Food and drink are pretty pricey, I can't comment how the food is because we never actually ate here. There are many restaurants nearby to grab food.

Magiquest is another huge part of the resort that will have adults scratching their heads to figure it out and getting a workout by running around with their kids!

If I could say one thing that really irked me here, it would be the elevators. The sheer size of this resort and the number of occupants staying here during the summer, having only 2 elevators for the whole resort is absurd. Most of the time the elevators took so long that taking the stairs was the only way to get someplace quick.

Note to adults, please be patient when visiting a place like this...kids will outnumber adults and they will be running, screaming, jumping all over the place!

Visit this place, you will have fun!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sardar S
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family of 4 stayed here while vacationing in NC. Since we were visiting different areas within NC, we could only stay 2 nights. Please allow ample time for check-in. I say get there at least an hour or so earlier. You can get checked in and if your room isn't ready, they will call on your cell as soon as it is. You will have everything you need and can just go straight to your room. In true GWL style...we had a blast!!! We've stayed at the location in VA, so I was just a tad disappointed that this location did not have the lazy river. I was looking forward to laying out on my raft :). But be not dismayed the Concord location lives up to the reputation. There were plenty of water activities and several water rides that kept the kids and adults going for hours. The lifeguards are extremely serious about keeping everyone SAFE. Pool area towels are provided, but they should be left in the pool area (plenty of signs posted). Plenty of lounge chairs and other areas to sit ( both inside and outside). For lodging we stayed in the KidKamp suite. I guess they are all the same at all locations...as it looked identical to the VA location. I love the tent theme with bunk beds and they have their own tv on wall... Hooray!! My husband and I shared a queen bed in the main portion of the suite. It also contains a full size sleeper sofa too. We also had our own 32" TV. We had a private balcony but did not get a chance to use it (having too much fun out of the room). The room also has an ample kitchen area with fridge and microwave. The bathroom size is satisfactory. The bathing/facilities and sink areas are separate. Even tho you would think that this place can be pretty loud around the clock, once in our room we didn't really here anything occurring in the halls. There is also a large arcade where kids can spend a lot of time not mention the MagiQuest that the kids seem to really enjoy. We did not purchase the wands and this package this time but I made a promise that we would on our next trip since the wands work at ALL locations so the fun goes on and on. I have read on some previous reviews a while ago that the food isn't that great (and expensive) at the GWL locations, however we decided to give at least the pizza a try. It was really, really good. Hubby went down and brought it back up to the room after we decided to lasso it down for the night. Four of us and a large pizza and there was pizza left over for the next day. My hubby said it may have also been the extra cheese and pepp that made it tasty...don't know but just happy we didn't have one of those awful experiences that I've read about. We will definitely return to this location again as well as visit other locations throughout our travels. Maybe Ohio next :).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TheAdventures
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Spent two days at Great Wolf Lodge. Kids ages ranged from 11-17 and all had a great time. Water park was alot of fun with multiple levels of excitement to please the whole family. Fun water slides for the bigger kids and lots of fun at the climbing towers and wave pool for the younger ones. Slightly disappointed that this location didn't offer a lazy river or hot tub for the grown ups but still had plenty to do to enjoy the experience. We loved the pool with multiple basketball hoops!! After some convincing, my little guy loved the Magic Quest game and it really gave us hours of fun when we were exhausted from the water park. It was actually lots of fun for all of us to explore the clues around the hotel. Very elaborate game, nicely done! My kids weren't interested in the storytime or game activities but I saw many young families enjoying the little extras that the resort had to offer. Lots of nice family experiences. We also spent $20 in the arcade (very reasonable) and the kids had a great time. Never left the resort after we checked in. Would definitely recommend!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a family suite and had plenty of room for a family of four. Wait for elevators can be...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We spend two days there and it was enough time to do the waterPark and the Magic quest!! I wouldn't recommend more than that because kids can only do the water Park for so long, unless you know your kids can do waterpark 5 days straight. Beacuse, besides the waterPark you can do a few other things. (But not that many and a little bit expensive each).
Great waterPark and friendly staff.
Loved the building and the room.

Stayed August 2014
Georgia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Loved Great Wolf lodge in Concord! Friendly staff, awesome water park, restaurants, characters & extra activities for my little kids (they loved story time & the wolf walk). There were plenty of extra activities to participate in if you chose to do so, but there was never any pressure by the staff.

Room Tip: Our room included a fridge & microwave. We brought our own breakfast & lunch.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BryandJess
Winston salem
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This place was simply amazing!!! All of us had a great time!! Our children ages 7,3,and 1 all had activities to enjoy! Everything was very clean. We stayed in the kid kamp suite the kids enjoyed the bunk beds and our beds were super comfortable. My only complaint was the bathroom was super tiny. My husband and I are actually planning to go back without the kids .Awesome place to visit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family