“Had a blast!”

Great Wolf Lodge Concord
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here as a surprise for my daughter's 7th birthday with my 10 year old son for a two night stay. And so far our experience has been nothing short of amazing! Theres the very clean, very spacious, and nicely equipped room (family suite) with a private balcony, a ton of interactive games, full arcade, the spa, mini bowling alley, and so much more for everybody. There's a full service restaurant right in the main lobby that offers a full buffet for reasonable price especially if you have children 10 and younger $6!!!!!!!! Although it was $20 each for my husband and I the low cost for the kids balanced it out and the food was hot, fresh and amazingly good! The staff here all over the resort are extremely nice, very helpful and inviting. I will say when you come be ready to spend some money as the cost of the extra(optional) activities begins to add up but we'll worth the joy and excitement your kids will endure. Even if you choose not to purchase the extras it is still worth it to enjoy the nice size indoor water park and outdoor pool to have a great time. Beware of the tornado water slide extremely intense water ride and not for the faint of heart even for brave ones lol. It was my favorite ride and also the scariest even for my big tough guy husband and son who refused to ride it again the rest of the day. The other rides were fun but not as intense (thankfully). Also parents bare in mind this resort is mostly geared towards kids although my husband and I enjoyed everything even the magiquest..They have a full spa and there's a lot of local shopping in the area but this here is really a kids paradise. My daughter said this was the best birthday ever and my son is already planning for his next birthday next year to be here as well. Overall couldn't be happier!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,497)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband, and 10 year old daughter stayed two days and one night at this place. We stayed in the Wolf Den room, which was very nice and clean. My daughter loved having her own "cave" with bunk beds and a TV. I love the convenience of having the arm band. You use this for the Water park, to get into your room, and to charge items to your account, all just by swiping your arm band. Nice! My daughter received a cute fuzzy Wolf Ears head band, with the Great Wolf Lodge logo on the ear. You can buy a large plastic keep-sake cup with straw for $12, with all you can drink free refills. Wow did that pay for itself in no time. The waterpark is awesome, and a good workout. We rode every slide more times than I can count. Never once got bored. The food was good, and convenient. Just a bit over priced for what little you got. The Life Guards were all outstanding! Never had to worry about a lifeguard not being at their post or doing their job, because they were always on the ready. The Arcade was SO fun, I think I enjoyed it as much as my daughter. They had nice little shops, and snack bars, and great places to just sit and rest. This was a fantastic mini vacation for us and we will certainly be doing it again. The only down fall was the room was a bit overpriced.

Room Tip: Go online and view the different choices of rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

For the rate of stay, I simply expected more. First, the Internet connection would not work. I called the front desk and was given a 1-800 number to get it fixed myself. Who wants to do that on vacation? Next I saw a roach in the kitchenette which I called and reported. The handyman came who I told I killed the roach. He said we spray but will spray when you leave the room. The topper for me was when my child needed a bath cloth and was told by staff they ran out. I went into the hall and asked another staff who simply gave them to me. The kicker was a charge emailed to me for water in the room that we did not drink. I immediately called and had a staff member act as if he didn't believe me but removed the charge.

The saving grace is my 11 year old son had a blast in the water park. You work hard all year to go somewhere nice. That should be reflected I every aspect of your stay.

2  Thank martincy55
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Concord and providing us with your feedback! I am pleased to hear your daughter had a great time in the waterpark. However, I am saddened to learn of the difficulties you had and I assure you this is not customary for us.

For the safety and consideration of our guests, if we need to spray a room, we do so when we know that there will be enough time for the substance to dry. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your family.

We hope to host your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 2 day stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Concord. Loved it. Hotel is cute, kids loved the waterpark and magiquest.stayed in room 3088 facing the back outdoor pool and it was quiet. Only reason I personally didnt give it 5 stars was the price. Be prepared to spend if you do extras. Will definitely go back in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Traveled from Chicago area to Concord, NC to see our grandson (7). Took him for an overnighter at Great Wolf Lodge. We had a great time. The outside pool wasn't open yet but still lots to do inside. Spent most of the time at the watermark. We were a little disappointed that it closed early in May but were able to spend the 2nd day there enjoying the water after we checked out. If you are eating there, get the pizza…it was delicious. I would order there just for "take-out" if we lived there. Good as any pizza in Chicago (and we're famous for pizza). We had a basic room with 2 double beds and a balcony…nothing fancy…it was great…roomy and a good size bathroom. Looking forward to coming back for more fun with our grandson….he wore us out!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly S
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed for only one night and had a great time !! My child and friend are 11 years old and loved as well as my husband and I . Check the Buffett before going we stayed a year ago and the food was amazing , this time not so much ! But still not too bad at $20.00 for all u can eat plus dessert just ask for it , kids were only 5.99 ! Very clean and spacious rooms .

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had the chance to visit Great Wolf Lodge with my nieces and family last month and we had a great time. This was my first time visiting a water park resort facility so I had many expectations of what the experience was going to be like. Checkin took a while because of the sheer amount of people visiting in the summer time, but once we got to the counter it was smooth sailing. We had a two bed suite with a microwave and fridge in our room which was comfy. I noticed that a few things were not up to par, but with a quick call to the front desk, they fixed it immediately.

The water park is star attraction here, and it is amazing. Many chairs and tables for parents to relax and more than enough space for everyone to have a good time. The wave pool was a lot of fun and a nice addition.

Food and drink are pretty pricey, I can't comment how the food is because we never actually ate here. There are many restaurants nearby to grab food.

Magiquest is another huge part of the resort that will have adults scratching their heads to figure it out and getting a workout by running around with their kids!

If I could say one thing that really irked me here, it would be the elevators. The sheer size of this resort and the number of occupants staying here during the summer, having only 2 elevators for the whole resort is absurd. Most of the time the elevators took so long that taking the stairs was the only way to get someplace quick.

Note to adults, please be patient when visiting a place like this...kids will outnumber adults and they will be running, screaming, jumping all over the place!

Visit this place, you will have fun!

Stayed: July 2014