“Nice rest”

Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte/Concord
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn hotel was nice, clean and front desk staff was very kind. If staying in the area this is a nice hotel. The area seemed safe for families. The hotel is in a great location for almost anything.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Let me start by saying that I travel roughly 15 days a month and after a while, every hotel has the tendency to look the same and feel roughly the same, especially when you have your "go-tos". I stayed at the Hilton Garden during a marathon travel business trip (2600 miles in 5 days). I was exhausted, it was late. Upon checking in, the desk lady was so super helpful that I decided to eat at the pub rather than head across the street to the other burger and standard box fare locales. At 9:45pm, I certainly expected reluctant at best service at the desk and pub, and would be happy if my late dinner was even mediocre. I have to tell you, the desk told me that she thinks the burgers at the pub are amazing and I agree! The bar tender was a sweet, helpful woman and James, the chef, presented me with a star quality burger that was plated so well! My husband is a chef so I took a photo (yeah, I'm that person) of my burger, and hilariously, James the chef totally photo bombed it with a huge smile and thumbs up behind the bar! The night staff was crazy passionate about service (mind you I stay everywhere and this is standing out for me)! Before dawn, I had to get back on the road and while checking out, realized I had left my phone in the room along with the keys (pre waking coffee). The desk clerk gentleman was so fantastic and quick, I had my phone in literally minutes. While at the desk, another guest came downstairs and wanted to grab breakfast before another early start. The hotel didn't start breakfast until 6:30---30 minutes away, yet the waitress jumped up and said she'd be happy to put something on for him and get him coffee. Again, the expected response would have been, "sorry, we don't serve until 6:30", but sorry and tactic reluctance are not in the vocabulary at the Hilton garden inn here. I give this a very well deserved 5 stars not only for the quality of the facility and food, but for the service which put a smile on my face from the minute I stepped in until e minute I left. WOW way to rock the customer experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

real close to major interstate so rooms on the highway side pick up lots of traffic noise, continental breakfast is not included and should be.Staff is great, location is close to several area attractions including the speedway. Several nice restaurants are within walking distance which is nice after a day of driving.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This was an unplanned trip to Concord so we booked the hotel on the drive up. It's adjacent to Concord Mills shopping and lots of restaurants. The ladies at check in were super nice. Hallways are bright. My husband really enjoyed breakfast.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the Greatest Hotel. I ever stay in from the front desk. The operation manager, supervisor, Housekeeper, Chefs, and the business center, .I would recommend this wonderful place to everyone. I over head how the operation manager went over and beyond to help a guest out. My second home. What a wonderful staff and the only reason why I believe the staff is happy, helpful. They must have an Awesome G.M.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel was perfect. Clean and quiet hotel. Nice toiletry items. Friendly and efficient staff helped me with printing and faxing documents. My only disappointment was the absence of a Continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Okay so my fellow friends and I wanted to stay at a decent hotel for the weekend of our concert. I work at a Hampton inn so I received a travel member discount. I had all of my ducks in a row, Travel passport, method of payment, and the paper to prove that I booked the room. I went into the hotel and gave them everything they needed thinking that everything was going to go well. The manager I guess went back to the office and brought what seems like everyone to the front to proceed to tell me that I was too young to rent the room and I needed someone 21+ to come in with me. I went to the car and brought in my friend who was of age. The manager( I think) proceeded to tell me never mind and for me to call my mother and get parental consent, I did so. By this point I was already really embarrassed that I was being called out in front of everyone, but I brushed it off got my key and went to my room. That night was fun but every time I would go by front desk it seemed like I was getting nothing but dirty looks. The next morning was when I absolutely got angry. I went down to front desk early to pay for my room because I figured that since I had a problem at check in I would have a problem at check out. I went down to pay for my room and patiently waited for them to swipe my card and for the payment to go through. Well turns out my card was declined.... do you want to know why? Because the manager (I guess) did not inform me that he had already charged me $50 for the first night and it put a hold on my card. I even pulled up my bank account to prove that I had the funds to pay for my stay. The manager came up with every reason why he could not authorize my card. By this time it seemed like every employee was at the front desk. It made me seem immature that I could not pay for my room when I could. He then proceeds to tell me to go up to the room and see if any of my friends have cash to come the rest of the charge. I was completely embarrassed again. All the staff was rude except for one woman that I interacted with at front desk. I know what hospitality and making the customer feel special is like and they were far from it. Then to make even more wonderful I had housekeeping knock on my door at like 8:15 AM!!! ridiculous! I mean I work at a hotel and always am nice to the customers because they chose us out of all the hotels to lay their head down at night, they deserve the best. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone at all and they will never have my business again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends