“Thrill of a Lifetime”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Ranked #6 of 46 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get behind the wheel in one of our 8 – 80 lap driving programs or Ride-Along shotgun for 3 high-speed laps at over 20 tracks nationwide – including Charlotte Motor Speedway!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I chose the ride-long experience, wherein I got into a NASCAR race car and was driven by a professional driver around the Charlotte Speedway three times. We reached a speed of 150, and I could really feel the g-forces when making those turns on the banks. This was a great thrill-ride that I would recommend for nearly anyone, and I say this as a person who is not really that into NASCAR racing. The staff at the event was extremely friendly. The only caveat I have is that to get into the car you have to slide through the car's passenger-side window (there are no doors that open on this race car), so you have to be prepared for that. Overall, though, this was an excellent experience.

4  Thank Andi55_13

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my 4th time to drive the 8 laps of pure adrenaline rush at Concord, and once at Atlanta. I finally convinced three friends , who were apprehensive, to drive and try it. They are now hooked and will drive in 2014 ,along with me. The entire staff was completely professional, and added to the enjoyment. Also, my instructor was a true professional.

1  Thank Ronald N
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have done this three times and it gets more intense every time. The thrill of the speed and feel of the power underneath you is amazing. Gives you a whole new perspective on what the professionals do. It is also a great gift.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Wow this is really fun, anyone with gas in the blood have to try this it is really a lifetime experience that you will treasure

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The crew members and employees were wonderful! It was hot and there were no fans offered. I would have loved to have a beer while waiting for my boyfriend to do his 30 laps!!!