“Adrenaline Rush!”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Ranked #5 of 47 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get behind the wheel in one of our 8 – 80 lap driving programs or Ride-Along shotgun for 3 high-speed laps at over 20 tracks nationwide – including Charlotte Motor Speedway!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Richard Petty Driving Experience is awesome! I have done it twice! It is expensive, but it is a lot of fun!

1  Thank M Jay P
in 6 reviews
"buckle"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Awesome experience!! This was a birthday present from my wife and we both drove the cars. I would say my only negative is your warm-up and cool down laps are counted in your 8 lap total so you only get 6 real laps. Other than that it was awesome and we will to this again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Richard Petty driving experience is amazing! I did the ride along experience the morning after the All-Star race at Charlotte motor Speedway. In addition to having an amazing ride with driver, Brian, I also got to see NASCAR driver Brian Vickers! The workers for Richard Petty could not have been any nicer and more helpful if they tried. They are fantastic group of people and this is the ultimate thing to do if you are a NASCAR fan!

1  Thank ML11321
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I chose the ride-long experience, wherein I got into a NASCAR race car and was driven by a professional driver around the Charlotte Speedway three times. We reached a speed of 150, and I could really feel the g-forces when making those turns on the banks. This was a great thrill-ride that I would recommend for nearly anyone, and I say this as a person who is not really that into NASCAR racing. The staff at the event was extremely friendly. The only caveat I have is that to get into the car you have to slide through the car's passenger-side window (there are no doors that open on this race car), so you have to be prepared for that. Overall, though, this was an excellent experience.

4  Thank Andi55_13
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my 4th time to drive the 8 laps of pure adrenaline rush at Concord, and once at Atlanta. I finally convinced three friends , who were apprehensive, to drive and try it. They are now hooked and will drive in 2014 ,along with me. The entire staff was completely professional, and added to the enjoyment. Also, my instructor was a true professional.

1  Thank Ronald N