“Wow!”

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Ranked #5 of 46 things to do in Concord
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Get behind the wheel in one of our 8 – 80 lap driving programs or Ride-Along shotgun for 3 high-speed laps at over 20 tracks nationwide – including Charlotte Motor Speedway!
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Expensive but worth it. My wife got to ride around a Nascar track and I got to drive. A truly exciting experience. I could hear the instructor very clearly in my helmet coaching me through the best line on the track and telling me when to put it to the floor. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank 961daleh
in 6 reviews
"buckle"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Bough the Rookie experience for my fiance for Christmas because he has always wanted to drive a race car. I was surprised by how big the group was, he was almost at the bottom of the list and we had to wait nearly 2 hours before he could drive. While waiting, I bought and went on a 3 lap ride along ($109), and loved it! He ended up loving the 8 lap driving experience, his instructor was great, and he really enjoyed himself. I recommend this to anyone considering it, you won't regret it. I only wish it had been cheaper. We wanted to buy the video of his driving but it was $100. I feel like that should be included for a $500 package.

1  Thank teagankimble
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

We apologize for the wait at the track and we do greatly appreciate your patience.
We are thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your experiences. As a past driver, your husband is automatically an Experience Rewards Member. We hope that you guys will visit us again soon to take advantage the awesome Experience Rewards Member benefits including $200 off the regular price of most Driving Experiences as well as discounts off select merchandise items and much more!

Reviewed 8 March 2017

What an excellent gift for my Husband. He really enjoyed his time here. All the people were extremely nice and informative about the experience.

Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

What a nice gift for your husband! We are glad to hear that he enjoyed his experience. We look forward to seeing you guys at the track again soon!

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I got this driving experience for my husband for his 40th birthday. Myself and our children got to go behind the scenes as he did the training, then watch him as he raced his best friend. It was a very memorable experience that I would highly recommend for anyone that has a need for speed.

Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

Thank you for celebrating your husband's 40th Birthday with a Richard Petty Driving Experience package. We look forward to seeing you guys at the track again soon!