“Awful Ownership and Customer Service!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis)
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I am a travel agent. Booked a king suite several weeks before our stay for NASCAR weekend. I took the red eye from Phoenix to Richmond VA and drove to Waynesboro where my husband has been staying for work. That afternoon I called to confirm our reservations with the hotel. Friday through Monday and everything was fine, I was told. However when we got there, my husband was informed that Travelocity's credit card was declined so they cancelled our rooms. We had already paid for them through the third party. Then they charged us more for a room with a jetted tub and told us our daughter would have to sleep on a roll away. This did not go over well with me. I was on the phone with the owner. He wanted to blame, not resolve. When that was not getting him anywhere he simply said that we had to leave. The police showed up to escort us off site. We then went to the Hampton and called travelocity. They were told by him that we had our room and we're a disturbance therefore they had to kick us out and cancel the room but keeping the money. They are in our opinion, crooks! He is having them double book. Whoever gets there first, wins and the others are out their money and room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tesi L
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis), responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction with the hotel. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of other families for gymnastics Regionals. They gave us a handicap room without advising that's all they had. Arrived late and didn't ask for room change. First night, first towel I grabbed after showering was dirty and USED. It had disgusting stains (let's keep it there). Called front desk to bring a replacement towel after explaining and not even an apology. She was actually a bit upset because she had to bring one herself (no help at front desk at that time). Opened the microwave to warm tea. It was all sticky and dirty. Had to get Kleenex and clean it up and use Kleenex to open. Dirty with syrup or ketchup. From then on, used Kleenex to open fridge or microwave.

When leaving that morning, we requested an extra blanket for the night. Came back that evening and found the room just as we left it. House keeping never came back after we took off dnd sign. No extra blanket. No answer in lobby. Hubby had to go downstairs and ask for towels, shampoo, soap and blanket.

The bathroom itself was clean and the bed was comfortable as was the rest of the room.

Skipped breakfast all together.

Hotel looks nice at a glance but then had all these incidents. Checked out 1 night earlier. Will not stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Concord (Kannapolis), responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Jackie G,

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn and Suites standards.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and had polite service. The breakfast was okay for the price. The room had a comfy bed and a cute layout but it wouldn't be My number one choice if I had looked longer. But it was a good deal. Not many good hotels in this area to begin with. But if you want a clean safe place to stay and have free breakfast and wifi then it would be a good choice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was awful- I would never recommend this hotel to anyone , if you can avoid it !! stay far away. I had to switch rooms 3 times because the room was dirty and did not accommodate my specific needs. Wifi was not available during our stay. I was misinformed about the shuttle to the airport and front desk and workers was not helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Do not pick the first floor located by the breakfast room- very noisy and you will be woken up early...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear anadurden,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for the condition of your guest, the WIFI, and any misscommunication with the shuttle. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Room was very clean...staff friendly, knowledgeable. Walls thin....we were next to a linen/supply closet on 3rd floor....lots of noise early and late. Breakfast very skimpy in comparison to other Country Inns we have stayed in the past. Could see the bottom of the foam cup of coffee....in the lobby and the dining room.......Pretty bad when the in-room coffee is stronger! Stay here but go out for breakfast and coffee! Handy to Charlotte Motor Speedway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here due to reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed. Lobby was clean and welcoming. Room was large and well appointed. Bathroom was huge and had a fan ( I am surprised how many hotel bathrooms do not have a fan!). My only complaint was that the phone rang in the room next door at 6:30 and woke me. I should have left the heat running all night and I probably wouldn't of heard it. Great location close to highway but never heard any noise. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is very attractive, close to I-85 and close to a variety of restaurants. I booked late, best rate available was a king handicap access, but it was fine. Actually, if my mother had been with me it would have been very good. Only downside was that the room was on 1st floor and close to the indoor pool. Lots of families this weekend using the pool, but not too late. (1st floor is best for true handicapped guests) Breakfast was fine, I don't eat wheat so I skipped the waffle station, but there were eggs and lots of other choices. Room had good sized 'mini' fridge and decent microwave.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo