“one of our favorites”

Garofola's Italiano Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 329 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We love Garofola's! The food is fantastic! Italian food like grandma used to make. My son and Husband love all of the Steelers memorabilia. The most recent visit was on a Sunday and my son even won a Steelers pen during the game. The wedding soup is one of my favorite and all off the pasta is terrific! You should definitely give it a try!

1  Thank Ncztamom

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We have been to Garofola's several times. The pizza is good (certainly above average. Try their specialty pies. We liked the one with the roasted banana peppers. Atmosphere on the bar side is plain. Usually have a beer special. A Pittsburgh Steeler theme, but not over the top. The hot italian sub is good, too. Chips in a bag as the side item. If you are local, it is worth a try and judge for yourself. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I must look like a criminal, because they wouldn't even let me place a take out order without paying first or coughing up a credit card. (I had a hospital uniform on, my usual get-up I wear when I'm trying to shake down a restaurant.)
Anyhoo, I paid cash on the barrel and that was honestly the worst salad and pizza I ever had.
I chucked it even after putting stuff on it and reheating it at home.
I knew I should have stopped by Pizza Hut or Poppa Johns down the road.
Lesson learned. Thankfully, I had Velveeta Mac-n-Cheese on hand.

2  Thank Eden B
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The food was OK. Prices were a little high for what you get. Charging an extra $1.50 for butter sauce instead of marinara on a kids pasta seems very extreme and unheard of. The veggie calzone was mostly bread and cheese with a few veggies scattered about.
The real kicker for this place is the owner. If you think you need to talk to him, just leave. I called him the day after our visit to tell him about our experience and for him to see it from the customers side. He was very defensive and kept accusing me of wanting something for free. I refused to give him my address because I didn't want him to send me anything. I let him know that I am a business owner and was simply offering some constructive criticism. Actually the only thing I criticized was the up charge for butter sauce. I explained that I understood their policies and explained how it effected my visit and my opinion of his restaurant and that he might want to find a middle ground to make future customers not have the same experience I did. He was more proud of his "fresh" and "real" ingredients than he was in listening to anything I was saying and actually trying to act as a customer service rep. He was baffled that some free coupons in the mail would not appease me because that was not my goal in calling.
I will clearly not be stepping foot back in this place and I encourage others to avoid it as well. If you do stop in, notice how many empty tables there are and think why that is, and then leave.

2  Thank Joel J
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have been going to Garfolas since they opened as Brooklyn's pizzeria. They changed the name because another restaurant opened using the same name across town. They are family ran and always do a great job. They have a buffet also. If you like to eat really good homemade Italian food and support our local businesses while dining in a very friendly atmosphere then you need to skip the pizza hut and come here.