Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The first thing that is wonderful is the scent when you enter the lobby. Citrus scent. The check in was smooth and the staff were fabulous. Very clean and nice with comfortable beds. Very close to restaurants, you could walk across the street. Also enjoy the 10% off at Zaxbys, compliments of the hotel. My niece left a necklace in the room and the cleaning staff put in the lost and found for us. Love honesty. Will definitely return to this hotel in the future :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have traveled hear multiple years in a row and hotel is consistently great. I can only imagine that it would have to be due to the management. staff is friendly, cheerful welcoming. Place is very clean. staff that takes care of the breakfast area iss always on top of their game. I dont know how he does it but the general manager always remembers us. Welook forward to seeing him. We had recommended this hotel to friends who travel for the big car races and now they are regulars there. Again they say it is the staff that brigns them back there. The GM hosts some kind of get together when there is the nascar race and they describe it as a down home block party type event. They even won some prize. we tried to gowitht hem last year but the hotel was booked. Myonly complaint would be is that they need a second computer in business office.

Room Tip: Just tell them your preference. we like to be near the elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

First and foremost, I want to say that this hotel was really nice. The property looks great and the room we stayed in was great. I don't know the age of the hotel, but it looks brand new. The breakfast was one of the best we've had. We typically don't stay in Expresses, but you couldn't tell this was any different from the higher end properties. However, the rest of our experience was awful. This hotel lists no available dates for employee bookings through IHG. I went through several months and every date was blacked out, which means they purposely blocked the rate from being booked. We had to have my FD manager call the hotel to book us a room. We forgot to bring the Employee Confirmation Slip with us, which is our fault, but the GM absolutely refused to accept a faxed copy. There is no reason why a fax wasn't an acceptable alternative. I had to drive 6 hours round trip in pouring rain for a single piece of paper. I'm fully aware that an employee rate hurts RevPar, but that rate is part of our employee benefits. I'm incredibly disappointed that we were made to feel totally unwelcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean_and_Julia_L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Hi Sean_and_Julia_L,

We would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel's location is perfect for NASCAR fans. There's plenty surrounding restaurants and shopping. It's approximately 20 mins from Charlotte's uptown which is where the awesome speed street event is held. Thumbs up on cleanliness! The only disappointment was the room my family stayed appeared very outdated despite the price range starting from low 100s. Future visitors, know you are paying for LOCATION. Also, staff were not readily available to provide assistance. Going to the dining area was confusing. It would have been nice to see a staff member attending to the lobby and dining area. No worries, you can't get lost but the main floor's layout is unusual. Unlike most hotels I've stayed, finding the elevators seemed slightly complex. Overall, my stay was ok.

• Stayed: January 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear funtime1212,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our family was at a cultural event at a nearby college. We enjoyed this hotel using our points from the IHG reword points earned by staying at Holiday Inn expresses this past summer. They allowed us to check in before 4 p.m. since our room was ready. Our king size bed was very comfortable. My 10 year old did not complain about the fold out bed. We enjoyed the breakfast. As always a delightful stay with HI Express.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2013

After traveling since 5:00 a.m. from Florida this place was a very good choice. Both my parents and my friend were equally impressed with the rooms, the front desk service and the property as a whole. Plenty of choices as to restaurants and not to mention the mall and other strip malls close to the property. Definitely recommend this place when traveling on I85 North.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights while be went to the NASCAR Hall of Fame ,visited several race shops in the area. We could not ask for any better place to stay, we had a King size bed , hot tub, great breakfast each morning as well as several places for supper within walking distance from the room. The staff was very helpful getting us directions to the NASCAR Hall of Fame which downtown Charlotte and the directions were spot on. Great stay and if our travels will put us in that area agian that is where we will stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple