“Good place to sleep”

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Concord
“Good place to sleep”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The place was nice and clean. The room was well laid out to the point of luxury. It had great cable tv. The internet was free. Would stay here again. However, my one minor quibble was that the bed was too high for me.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear keywestpo,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First time ever staying at a Holiday Inn Express and if all are like this one it won't be my only time now looking to stay at one.
Really has everything you could ask for at a very reasonable price:
Pros:
Free Internet
Free hot breakfast
Free Managers reception with beer, food, and soft drinks
Numerous channels on a large screen new TV
Swimming pool
Clean
Great location as you can walk to many restaurants

Cons:
Only that the windows on 2-4 floors don't open.

Room Tip: Bottom floor allows you to open the window in the room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 April 2014

On December 8, 2013 my family and I travelled from Tennessee, to see the Christmas light display at Charlotte Motor Speedway. After experiencing an untimely auto breakdown, we were able to find lodging at this hotel. Being in an unfamiliar place with vehicular difficulty is an inconvenience, to say the least, but the helpful, friendly staff assisted us well beyond what their job duties surely call for. The facility, itself, is very clean and up-to-date, and is in a very convenient location!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sallins, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Was booked to stay in this hotel for 2 nights 20/21 Feb. We got delayed in Chicago and missed the first night which I was really disappointed about when I arrived at the hotel and seen how nice it was. We had a room with the whirlpool bath in it which was a lovely treat after travelling for so long, staff were very helpful in looking out for our luggage being delivered that hadn't arrived at the airport when we did and in giving us directions to local attractions. Breakfast was a nice touch also. Upon check in you are also given 10% discount for the local restaurants around the hotel. Would stay here again for sure if ever back in Charlotte!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The first thing that is wonderful is the scent when you enter the lobby. Citrus scent. The check in was smooth and the staff were fabulous. Very clean and nice with comfortable beds. Very close to restaurants, you could walk across the street. Also enjoy the 10% off at Zaxbys, compliments of the hotel. My niece left a necklace in the room and the cleaning staff put in the lost and found for us. Love honesty. Will definitely return to this hotel in the future :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Highland, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have traveled hear multiple years in a row and hotel is consistently great. I can only imagine that it would have to be due to the management. staff is friendly, cheerful welcoming. Place is very clean. staff that takes care of the breakfast area iss always on top of their game. I dont know how he does it but the general manager always remembers us. Welook forward to seeing him. We had recommended this hotel to friends who travel for the big car races and now they are regulars there. Again they say it is the staff that brigns them back there. The GM hosts some kind of get together when there is the nascar race and they describe it as a down home block party type event. They even won some prize. we tried to gowitht hem last year but the hotel was booked. Myonly complaint would be is that they need a second computer in business office.

Room Tip: Just tell them your preference. we like to be near the elevators.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cayce, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 January 2014

First and foremost, I want to say that this hotel was really nice. The property looks great and the room we stayed in was great. I don't know the age of the hotel, but it looks brand new. The breakfast was one of the best we've had. We typically don't stay in Expresses, but you couldn't tell this was any different from the higher end properties. However, the rest of our experience was awful. This hotel lists no available dates for employee bookings through IHG. I went through several months and every date was blacked out, which means they purposely blocked the rate from being booked. We had to have my FD manager call the hotel to book us a room. We forgot to bring the Employee Confirmation Slip with us, which is our fault, but the GM absolutely refused to accept a faxed copy. There is no reason why a fax wasn't an acceptable alternative. I had to drive 6 hours round trip in pouring rain for a single piece of paper. I'm fully aware that an employee rate hurts RevPar, but that rate is part of our employee benefits. I'm incredibly disappointed that we were made to feel totally unwelcome.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sean_and_Julia_L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Hi Sean_and_Julia_L,

We would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message.

Regards,